Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Adding a book to a series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathrin (new)

Kathrin | 2 comments Hello everyone, I am a librarian myself but encountered a problem I don't know how to handle.

The topic is about the following series: The Iron Druid Chronicles

There is a book 7.5 added to the series which is actually an anthology containing three stories. Only one belongs to the series I mentioned.
I recently read the one short story that belongs to the series (called Prelude to War).

It has been added to GR but is not linked to the series: A Prelude to War

I did some research - the short story is supposed to be number 7.5 to the series.
Now, I don't know how to handle this problem. Just adding it to the series doesn't seem right as there already is a book 7.5. And many people added this anthology while reading the series.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thank you!

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24731 comments Is the story the same one?

If so, you add the shortie to the series as 7.5, then move the anthology to the bottom, keeping its 7.5.

This often happens when authors do short stories in an anthology, then later publish the story as a short.

message 3: by Kathrin (new)

Kathrin | 2 comments Sandra wrote: "Is the story the same one?

If so, you add the shortie to the series as 7.5, then move the anthology to the bottom, keeping its 7.5.

This often happens when authors do short stories in an antholo..."

The story is the same. I read those books in German and it was part of my library edition. My research shows that it was also published outside of the anthology in English.

Changing the series according to your direction seems like the sensible thing to do. Thanks for helping me out.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24731 comments No worries, I enjoyed that series, but I haven't read the short.

If you have any problems, post again & I'll have a look :)