Play Book Tag discussion

Red, White & Royal Blue
This topic is about Red, White & Royal Blue
May 2020: Comedy > (Poll Ballot Tally) Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5068 comments What happens when the First Son of the US falls in love with a British prince? You get a nice little rom-com. This was fun, funny, romantic and interesting. My only beef? Waaaay too long. Could have cut the love letters down by at least three chapters, because towards the end I just wanted it to be over! And the beginning, which introduced the main characters, could have been shortened as well. Yes, they were sweet but there was just an overabundance of it. I enjoyed the little bit of political intrigue too. My rating is 3.5 but it's good enough to round up.

message 2: by Robin P (last edited May 18, 2020 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin P | 1852 comments I loved this book on audio, as it lends itself well to first-person narration. And the narrator spoke Spanish as well. I also like the alternate world where we got a woman president in the US!

Writing a modern romance is tricky as there is so little to keep people apart. In historical romance, there were all kinds of issues about money, public opinion, religion, etc. So this book finds one of the few areas where forbidden love still is possible.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments I'm in the middle of this now, and it's dragging a bit for me too. I just want to get to the good stuff!