Shadowhunters Chat! discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Shadowhunter Book of the Month > City of Bones- (June 2020)

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 862 comments Mod
Hello y'all! It has been decided that we are going to start reading City of Bones in June 2020. I wanted to put this out now so people would have time to get the book. We are going to be reading a book per month, and the rest of the information is going to be in the broadcast message. Feel free to start discussing City of Bones whenever, but the actual discussion stars in June!

Beenish (beenishamir) | 313 comments I'd love to reread !! it's been long I read it, there are so many Shadowhunter books for one to start rereading.

message 3: by Lia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Ooo yes its been years since I read TMI and that was before I got GR, so I forgot what I actually thought about the books. Lol, I just gave them all 3 stars. A reread will let me put the actual rating for the series.😅

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) | 17 comments I read all of the books this year but I read them back to back because I couldn't wait so it will be nice to read them at a slower pace for the second time.

message 5: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May (theladymidnight) | 248 comments I'm excited! I haven't read these books since 2013!

message 6: by Tessa (last edited May 18, 2020 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

So am I! I read all these a while ago, so I can’t wait to refresh my memory!

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 303 comments Hah I just re read this book like 2 weeks ago so I won’t read it again so soon! But I’ll still talk:)

π (astascen) | 22 comments im so excited bc I can't really reread books if I long time haven't passed so I haven't read cob since 2010 hahaha so im definitely rereading

message 9: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments I think I liked City of Bones better than City of Ashes...though it was a little info-dumpy at times, I really enjoyed the introduction to the Shadow world!

message 10: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May (theladymidnight) | 248 comments I decided to try the audiobook version so I'll probably be going through this slowly.

I listened to the first two chapters and I can't believe how much things I forgot 😂

message 11: by π (new) - rated it 2 stars

π (astascen) | 22 comments SAME I decided to try and listen to the audiobook let's see if I like it

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) | 17 comments I am starting this one with the audiobook version today

Isn’t it very info dumpy in the beginning?

message 14: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May (theladymidnight) | 248 comments Tessa HC (onceuponabookworm) wrote: "Isn’t it very info dumpy in the beginning?"

Yeah it is! I guess it feels that way more because we already know about the shadowhunter world.

Yeah I thought the same thing

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) | 17 comments The book gets even more info dumpy in the middle when Luke explains everything to Clary

message 17: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May (theladymidnight) | 248 comments Just finished my reread and I enjoyed it! I decided to keep my 4 star rating.

I forgot how funny Jace could be :D

So... did y’all notice anything you didn’t the last time you read this?

Beenish (beenishamir) | 313 comments of course!! I almost forgot Clary gets that demon's blood which is the reason she doesn't wake up to 3 days.

message 20: by May (new) - rated it 4 stars

May (theladymidnight) | 248 comments Beenish wrote: "of course!! I almost forgot Clary gets that demon's blood which is the reason she doesn't wake up to 3 days."

Same here! I forgot about that scene! Tbh I forgot the majority of the book since I read it for the first time in 2013 😂

Hehehehe

message 22: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments I read this about a year ago...actually less since I read it around Christmas of 2019, but I feel like I've forgotten soooo many things XD

I read it last month, and I saw a lot of the flaws I didn't notice the first time. You can really see Cassie grow, from City of Bones to the now masterpiece Chain of Gold.

message 24: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments Tessa HC (onceuponabookworm) wrote: "I read it last month, and I saw a lot of the flaws I didn't notice the first time. You can really see Cassie grow, from City of Bones to the now masterpiece Chain of Gold."

I HAVE to get my hands on CoG soon. I'm dying not being able to read it yet.

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) | 17 comments Tessa HC (onceuponabookworm) wrote: "I read it last month, and I saw a lot of the flaws I didn't notice the first time. You can really see Cassie grow, from City of Bones to the now masterpiece Chain of Gold."

Yeah her writing has really improved a lot over the years

This is completely unrelated to this topic, but the cover reveal for Chain of Iron is on July 1st on Cassie's insta! Hannah from A Clockwork Reader gets to do it with her and I'm super jealous

message 27: by Lia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments @Tessa HC Omg yes! At first when I got the newsletter, I thought we'd actually see the cover and I shrieked..........but then I saw that it was just her telling us to wait until July 1st for the cover. That was an epic fail.😞😅

I saw the notification for the newsletter on my computer and immediately dropped everything to look at it... I was disappointed

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 303 comments Lmao same I thought it would be early access since I knew it would be our July 1
I think it’ll be Lucie with ghosts on the cover... maybe Jesse too?
What do you guys think?
Or maybe grace

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) | 17 comments I think the cover is going to have either James, Lucie, or Mathew on it

Beenish (beenishamir) | 313 comments maybe, can't wait for the cover reveal!