Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Need 2 Beta Readers - Diverse YA-Fanasty Adventure 97k

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin Will (jasminwill) | 6 comments Hello! I am looking for two more beta readers to read my first novel, Daughter of a Stillborn, a coming of age, African American European Harry Potter meets Peter Pan mash up, completed at approximately 97,000 words. I plan to self-publish so the beta reader process is very important for me!

How far would you go to fulfill a promise?

Linnen, a land divided in two: Eastland, a hierarchical civilization where wizards, magicians, and non-magics live in peace and prosperity. Westland, known for its exiles, criminals, witches, and dangerous creatures—the filth of the land.

Luna Moralie is determined to gain control over her wonky spells. Thrilled she made progress over the summer; she enters her second year at Purpindime Academy of Magic with confidence.

However, within the first weeks, everything halts when the Higher Lingics announce the heart of Eastland, an emerald holding great power has been stolen by a ruthless gang. Without the emerald in its rightful place, Eastland and its government are vulnerable to the unknown threats of Westland.

Luna finds out her mother, an infamous witch who abandoned her twelve years ago and later assumed dead, orchestrated the criminal act. This rekindles a promise Luna made to her father at his last breath. She goes on a forbidden journey to steal back the Neleaf and confront her mother.

Along the way, she meets a human boy and discovers her capability as a Lingic while coming face to face with the problems and pain she suppressed since the death of her father and the abandonment of her mother.

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks! :)

message 2: by E.J (new)

E.J | 11 comments this sounds interesting

message 3: by Suzan (new)

Suzan | 37 comments Hi Jasmin!
Your concept sounds intriguing! I'm looking for a beta read/CP swap, I have a post here with details, let me know if you are interested: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...