Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Display of obsolete covers/titles

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Clarke (maclarkescott) | 25 comments Hello GR Librarians,
I'm frustrated that my previous requests on this topic have not been addressed. It's been some time. I have two books which display as defaults out of date and obsolete covers. While I understand your policy to not remove old covers, it's extremely confusing and misleading to show covers which cannot be purchased anywhere. One of the books also has a new title, confounding the issue further. My book Making Room For You was Disruption by Design. My author profile shows ONLY the old book, not the new book unless you know to search for it, thus making it virtually impossible to discover. My other book with an issue is Single Dad in Studio 7D which defaults to the old cover when I worked hard to rebrand with the new cover. Please please please change the default covers AND title that displays on my list of published books. I have a new book coming out and showing the old cover/title makes it impossible to display the series properly. Thank you very much for your prompt attention to this matter. MaryAnn Clarke, author

message 2: by Emily (last edited May 17, 2020 05:33PM) (new)

Emily | 13154 comments I think this was addressed in this thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
where they said the librarians don't have access to set the default edition. If you are having trouble setting it, you should contact Support:
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...
Recently, Goodreads changed how the default edition works. It WILL show in your profile, but the one that shows in the search is the edition with the most shelvings. Librarians have no control over or input into this, so I would contact Support.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13154 comments Looking at your books, I have edited the author of Single Dad in Studio 7D back to M.A. Clarke Scott. I created an alternate cover edition for you with the newest cover on Amazon.

You *will* need to ask Support to make the new cover the default since you will not have the ability in this case.