What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen fantasy novel - 1990s Stonehenge or stone circle with time travel or alternate dimension.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (last edited May 17, 2020 02:14PM) (new)

Christine | 10 comments Hi everyone

I'm looking for a teen book that was published in the 1990s. I want to say it was sci fi or fantasy. It was about a stone circle and it having strange properties - possibly about time travel, a magic event or parallel dimensions. I think there was a bit of folklore or history in there too about UK stone circles. It was set in modern day UK and the protagonist was a child or teen but I can't remember their name or gender. I remember there being a bit of a buzz about the book when it came out, so it seemed new and popular.

It definitely wasn't children of the stones!

Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Christine, please add more plot details to the topic header. We have thousands of book requests.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Kris wrote: "Christine, please add more plot details to the topic header. We have thousands of book requests.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop web..."

Kris, I have now done that. Thank you.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  (witchhazel) | 9 comments Did you find out the book title? I love time travel books!

message 7: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 119 comments Shadowmagic by John Lenahan?

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Kelly wrote: "Did you find out the book title? I love time travel books!"

Not yet... But still looking hard!

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Audrey wrote: "Shadowmagic by John Lenahan?"

Hmm not this one, but thank you!

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Rosa wrote: "In the Stone Circle?"

I'm afraid not, but this one looks great anyway, thank you!

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Rosa wrote: "The Doom Stone?
When Night Eats the Moon?
The Stones of the Moon?"

Bot any of these, but The Stones Of The Moon definitely seems to be closer to the kind of genre and plot of the book I'm trying to remember! Thank you!

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19117 comments Might want to check the Stone Circles list.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Might want to check the Stone Circles list."

Thank you! I've checked that one and a few others and not coming up with anything. Total mystery!

message 14: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Magee | 1 comments Kinda sounds like The Dark Age by Traci Harding

message 15: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19117 comments The Dark Age for Joshua's suggestion.