The Academy for Goddesses and Gods discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Characters✎ > Up for Adoption

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 964 comments Mod
This is for requests to put your character up for adoption

There are the criteria:

1. Ensure that you have already maxed out your 5 character quota before putting them up for adoption. If it's for other reasons, like you're going to leave GR, or you're leaving the group, those are all acceptable reasons even if you don't hit 5 characters.

2. We will have to approve of your character being put up for adoption, then move them to the adoption center. If they are not approved for adoption, and you've created another character (meaning now you'd have 6, they will not be approved). Approval will be by a case by case basis.

3. Fill in this form properly:

Your name:

Number of characters now (before putting this character up):

Character profile:
Name -
Age -
God or Goddess of? -
Sexuality -

Link to your character -

(view spoiler)

Reason you want to put them up for adoption:

message 2: by Z ||Frypans, who knew!|| (last edited May 23, 2020 08:20AM) (new)

Z ||Frypans, who knew!|| (spn_fan) | 2138 comments Your name: Z

Number of characters now (before putting this character up): 5

Character profile:
Name - Bucky 'Buck' Blackwood
Age - 17
God or Goddess of? -Clairvoyance
Sexuality - straight

(view spoiler)

Don't use him anymore

message 3: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Z wrote: "Your name: Z

Number of characters now (before putting this character up): 5

Character profile:
Name - Bucky 'Buck' Blackwood
Age - 17
God or Goddess of? -Clairvoyance
Sexuality - straight

[spoi..."

First of all, thanks for following the criteria + format :DDDD

I will approve that, but I have two questions! Can I ask, why did you create him in the first place + why aren't you using him anymore?

✿ Six ✿ wrote: "Ugh fine."
thanks ya :p

Z ||Frypans, who knew!|| (spn_fan) | 2138 comments i thought he would be a big part in Lydias story but i was wrong

message 5: by clairene ⍥ (new)

all right, sure i'll add Buck to the adoptable list!

message 6: by ƦƛƔЄƝ (last edited May 23, 2020 12:08PM) (new)

ƦƛƔЄƝ (daydreamer18) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Your name: Six

Number of characters now (before putting this character up): Uh lets see....Lexi plus Chase and Hazel equals three, but including Noah is 4

Character profile: you mean his face?
Name - Noah
Age - 17
God or Goddess of? - Karma
Sexuality - straight, why

Link to your character - above
Reason to why: no one really likes him. Also i dont play him often so he is a waste. That and everyone is directly telling him to go.

message 7: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Reminder - Lexi still needs her character profile worked on
Sexuality is for people's information - some may feel a need to know so they can better plan the plot / they are able to play the character better.

Anyway, approved yeah. Thanks for linking him!

message 8: by Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (last edited Jun 04, 2020 02:51AM) (new)

Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (detectingeagle310) | 1233 comments Your name: Katniss

Number of characters now : 3 or 4 maybe

Character profile:
Name - Rose Barlow
Age - 31
God or Goddess of? - Music
Sexuality - Straight

Link to your character - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Reason you want to put them up for adoption: No one is on when she is and she is unable to RP with 2 teacher characters as she isn't on GR much

message 9: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Not going to be approved till I get a reason :> it's not my responsibility to ask ><

Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (detectingeagle310) | 1233 comments I haven't talked to her much but I will edit it when I do .

message 11: by clairene ⍥ (new)

All right!

message 12: by Lemon (new)

Lemon  Tarto (lemontarto) I'm going to be putting both of my characters up for adoption because I'm gonna leave this group.... but anyway
Your Name: Lemon
# of Characters as of rn: 2

Character Name: Echo Winterset
Goddess of Illusions
Sexuality: Aero/Ace
link to character: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Character Name: Orion Cormerak
God of Keys
Sexuality: Bi
link to character: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Reason for why you want to put them up for adoption:
I'm gonna leave this group because I'm not on it that often and stuff.

message 13: by Lemon (new)

Lemon  Tarto (lemontarto) I'm gonna leave right after this, so I won't know if it'll be approved or not. Bye!

message 14: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Lemon wrote: "I'm going to be putting both of my characters up for adoption because I'm gonna leave this group.... but anyway

Character Name: Echo Winterset

Aw it's sad that you're leaving, we'll miss you and your enthusiasm whenever you come on! But guys, that is a legitimate reason so put characters up for adoption, so definitely approved, and going on the Adoption Center.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Names: AJ and Harper Davis
Ages: AJ is 15, Harper is 15
God/Goddess: AJ-Relaxation, Harper-Singing/Vocals
Sexualities: AJ is straight, Harper is pansexual

Link-https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Reason: I’m very sorry to say, my time here is up. Hailey’s back, thank god. But, we’re working ways to get back from USA to live with my dad in England. So, I’ll be leaving Goodreads. My name is Rylie, and I wish you all well.

message 16: by Lemon (new)

Lemon  Tarto (lemontarto) clairene ⍥ wrote: "Lemon wrote: "I'm going to be putting both of my characters up for adoption because I'm gonna leave this group.... but anyway

Character Name: Echo Win..."

Okay, so I heard that there was a request deaths or something, so I'd like to edit the statuses of my characters if there is that request thing

message 17: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Well, I could do that for you. But given the recent drama, the group's status is kind of weird right now, so I'll update you on that.

message 18: by Lemon (new)

Lemon  Tarto (lemontarto) Um, okay. If they do get approved, it'll be something like this, if it makes sense(and I just want to edit Echo, Orion's still adoptable):
Echo made an illusion of herself going to that school, but she was never really there at all.

message 19: by clairene ⍥ (new)

But are you still roleplaying them? I thought you were going to leave though :o

message 20: by Lemon (new)

Lemon  Tarto (lemontarto) Yeah, I was, but then I got this idea, but I don't want Echo for adoption, so I'm like.... removing her?

message 22: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Lemon wrote: "Um, okay. If they do get approved, it'll be something like this, if it makes sense(and I just want to edit Echo, Orion's still adoptable):
Echo made an illusion of herself going to that school, bu..."

This does sound really cool. I think I can edit the threads to be that way.

Anyway, if you do want to end up roleplaying your characters, do look out for our new group which will be released soon!

message 23: by clairene ⍥ (new)

S wrote: "Is it okay now ?"

Is what okay? :o

Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (detectingeagle310) | 1233 comments The character i posted to put up for adoption.

message 25: by clairene ⍥ (new)

S wrote: "Your name: Katniss

Number of characters now : 3 or 4 maybe

Character profile:
Name - Rose Barlow
Age - 31
God or Goddess of? - Music
Sexuality - Straight

Link to your character - https://www.goo..."

oh yeah, sure! not that it matters honestly, because we're shifting to the new group soon :')

message 27: by clairene ⍥ (new)

yeah did ya read the announcements?

message 28: by clairene ⍥ (new)

Guys can we not scream? Read the announcements.

Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (detectingeagle310) | 1233 comments Katniss wrote: "Sorry......yeah, just read it, but I still don't get why we are moving groups....what wrong with this one??"

why are we changing groups ?

message 30: by clairene ⍥ (new)

1. There are very overpowered characters, because of the originally lack of enforcement

2. We feel that as moderators that there should be more rules enforced, especially towards character making etc, and we can't do that without making it into a semi-advanced group and give forewarning

3. Maybe we are selfish, but most of the people roleplaying were the three people whom we have booted out, and the group had also descended into chaos because of them, and we think it needs a better and stronger storyline so that it'll be sustainable in the long run. Now we have characters asking each other what to do next etc.

If any of your characters were planning a story, we can help to implement in that other group as well. We just want to have control to ensure that people won't be toxic to one another etc.

I know it's only a few people who have been toxic, but for the sheer fact that this is not a semi-advanced and regulated group, it might happen again in the future.

Rey *throw another invite at me I’m gonna lose it* (detectingeagle310) | 1233 comments can we continue the character relationships and storylines in the new group ?

message 32: by clairene ⍥ (new)

you can make entirely new characters, or you can use your old characters' names, personality etc.

but because it's semi-detailed, you will definitely need to modify your character to be more in depth. furthermore, if they have been approved here, they may not necessarily be approved there until the necessary information is provided!

message 33: by clairene ⍥ (new)

S wrote: "can we continue the character relationships and storylines in the new group ?"

you can if you wish to! just join the group with your character's partner in the other group.

just let us know what storyline you guys want, and locations needed, and we'll add them in. but you will have to create your character again.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! I realized that was the main focus, and to be honest it was quite annoying. No good rp group is JUST about dating. I'm excited to see what the new group will hold!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.