Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Experienced Editor - free edit of first chapter!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited May 17, 2020 08:09AM) (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Hello everyone,

my name is Emma and I am a fiction editor who has worked both in the US and in the UK. I have a Writing and Publishing degree from Emerson College and a journalism degree from The London School of Journalism. I have been a freelance editor and writer for the last five years.

During this quarantine time, I know lots of people are writing and I would love to help you!

What am I offering?

I am mostly an in-depth fiction editor. This means that I read your work for spelling and grammar mistakes, but I also focus on plot, characterization, setting,... I flag issues that don't work and I offer you advice and handouts from other stories and editors that can help you think about your story in a different way. Previously, I have worked on historical fiction, literary fiction and YA/ MG, but I also love a good mystery or romance.

Finding an editor is hard and I know it is important that you trust me, so I'll edit your first chapter for free. This way we can both see if we are a match.

My rate is $.50 per 1000 words, but I am open for negotiation, especially for projects that I love too! If you just want me to focus on grammar and spelling, we can negotiate a lower rate.

Right now I can deliver your work back to you very quickly. Once I agree to read your first chapter, you can expect it the next day. From there on, we will decide on a timeline together for your whole work.

So don't hesitate! Send me a message on here and we can get started on your first chapter.

P.S. Besides editing, I can also help you prepare your work for submission. This can happen after I edit or separately. I have experience writing submission letters and I can help do the research of where you should submit your work. Send me a message for more information about submission help.

message 2: by DJ (new)

DJ Matthews (authordjmatthews) | 8 comments I am interested in your services. Are you booked already?

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Kimberly, I send you a private message!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 19 comments Hi Emma, I wanted to say thanks for your critique of my first chapter. Your suggestions were insightful and detailed. I definitely hope we can work together in the future.

message 5: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Mata | 2 comments Hello Emma, I am also interested in your service. Would you send me a contact via private message so I can write you?

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Wells | 20 comments I am interested! Please message me!

message 7: by Abi (new)

Abi (abilight) | 5 comments Hi there! I’m very interested. :) I’m seeking a beta reader for an 80k psychological thriller so I’d love to get in contact to see if we can work out!

message 8: by Pierre (new)

Pierre Vachon (phv_mentarch) | 5 comments Hi Emma

I finished a 374K words (approx.) NA/A super-hero/thriller/action sci-fi novel. Would you be interested in editing it (paying you 374K x $0.50/1K = $187.00 for it, of course)?

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Emma wrote: "Hello everyone,

my name is Emma and I am a fiction editor who has worked both in the US and in the UK. I have a Writing and Publishing degree from Emerson College and a journalism degree from The ..."

I have openings for editing again! Don't hesitate to PM me or comment here if you are interested!

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Harstad | 4 comments Good to know!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Hi everyone,

I have openings again for this month and September! Contact me if you are interested and want your first chapter edited for free!

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Just finished another edit and I have an opening for this week. Guaranteed feedback by next weekend if you respond today or tomorrow.

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 7 comments Messaged you!! Thanks, Emma!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Holtrust (emma_holtrust) | 17 comments Thank you, Rebecca! I just responded to your message.