Legends of the First Empire discussion

Nolyn (The Rise and Fall, #1)
This topic is about Nolyn
General > The Rise and the Fall

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 119 comments Mod
Since I have a Riyria folder, I thought I should also put a folder here for the next series: The Rise and the Fall. For those that don't know, it starts 800 years after Legends and ends 1,000 years before Riyria. I have the first two books written, and I've started on the third. The current release schedule is:

* Nolyn - Summer 2021
* Farilane - Summer 2022
* Esrahaddon - Summer 2023

Beverly (bevarc) | 10 comments Michael wrote: "Since I have a Riyria folder, I thought I should also put a folder here for the next series: The Rise and the Fall. For those that don't know, it starts 800 years after Legends and ends 1,000 years..."

A nice hiatus for you and Robin between series and books?

Christian | 3 comments Looking very much forward to those books.

message 4: by Michael (new) - added it

@Beverly - not as much of a hiatus as you might think. I still have to finish the third book and Robin has already started alpha reading the first one. But yes, certainly doing three books over the course of 3 years will be much easier than 3 books in 10 months ;-)

@Christian - glad to hear it. I'm pretty excited about them.

message 5: by Dana (new) - added it

Dana (stenella) | 1 comments Am looking forward to these new books!!

Ania (aniasiarka) | 1 comments Great! I can't wait for 2021. :)

message 7: by Michael (new) - added it

@Dana, I'm so glad to hear that.

@Ania - it will be here sooner than we think.

message 8: by Michael (new) - added it

So, we now have a "back of the book" description for Nolyn (and work on the cover has begun. Here is what we've come up with:

After 200 years of service, the heir to the empire is suspicious about his reassignment to active duty on the front lines of the Goblin War. His first assignment to rescue an outpost leads to a dead-end canyon deep inside enemy territory. Suspicion turns to dread and then sinks to despair when it's discovered no such outpost exists. But whoever went to the trouble of making his death look like an accident didn’t know anything about the Seventh Sikaria Auxiliary Squadron he was assigned to. In the depths of an unforgiving jungle, a legend is about to be born, and the world of Elan will never be the same.

From Michael J. Sullivan, The New York Times, USA Today, and Washington Post best-selling author, a new adventure begins with the first book of the Rise and Fall trilogy. While set in the same world as Riyria and Legends of the First Empire, this is a stand-alone series and requires no prior knowledge of the other books to enjoy it to its fullest.

If you haven't already, please add Nolyn to one of your shelves, The more people who shelve it, the higher it appears in various lists within Goodreads.

message 9: by Rex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rex | 3 comments Is there going to be a Kickstarter for Nolyn? And when might we see information concerning it?

message 10: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin (robinsullivan) | 2 comments Rex wrote: "Is there going to be a Kickstarter for Nolyn? And when might we see information concerning it?"

Hey Rex, Robin here. I run Michael's Kickstarters. Yes, there will be one. I suspect it will be sometime in January of February. Our hope would be to get the ebook to backers in the April time frame which is well ahead of the August retail release date.

message 11: by Paul (last edited Feb 08, 2021 03:38PM) (new) - added it

Paul Moore | 2 comments Robin wrote: "Rex wrote: "Is there going to be a Kickstarter for Nolyn? And when might we see information concerning it?"

Hey Rex, Robin here. I run Michael's Kickstarters. Yes, there will be one. I suspect it ..."

feb 9th noon ET https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...

Robin P | 6 comments Not sure where to put this but it is great to see Nolyn getting singled out by both Audible and Goodreads in the last couple weeks!