A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Series > The Lunar Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
Four retellings in one series!

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I love this series! It’s the perfect YA series for younger readers and it’s filled with such good characters and plot!

message 3: by venus! (new)

venus! (judieduartie) Who’s your favourite couple? I think mine would be Scarlet and Wolf

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Mine is Cress and Thorne!

message 5: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Cinder and Kai

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 65 comments I'm going to read Cinder this month, just waiting for it to arrive!!! (I ordered it)
Can't wait!!!

message 7: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I love this series. When I first read the series it was the year that Winter was coming out. Couldn't believe that it took me that long to read the series. It's great, Star Wars mixed with Fairy Tales and a hint of Sailor Moon, so cool.

message 8: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison (certifiedkilljoy) My friend recommended this to me. Not a goodreads friend, my friend from swimming. It was my favourite series for almost a year. That is, until I read Throne of Glass. I think my least favourite book was Scarlet.

message 9: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments I didn't like this series. If I remember right, the only two books I remember liking even remotely were Cinder and Cress. Everything else I hated. I just found it so boring.

message 10: by chabe (new)

chabe (darknessbooks) | 34 comments I just started cinder, I’m really excited about this series !!

message 11: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (last edited Aug 08, 2020 03:49AM) (new)

Spriya wrote: "I didn't like this series. If I remember right, the only two books I remember liking even remotely were Cinder and Cress. Everything else I hated. I just found it so boring."

I enjoyed the series, but I think at one point the series being four books focusing on four different characters but all somehow being one goal and one story just got confusing for me. In a way, I wished the main series could have stuck with Cinder and the rest of the characters get their own books. Four retellings incorporated into one main story was a bit too much for me.

message 12: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments Yess completely agree. Each character had a totally different story, a different background- while the premise was interesting, the story was far too complex.

message 13: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments I thought this series was really boring and overrated. Maybe because I didn't like the writing style or the characters. It was just nothing new to me. *prepares to be murdered by fangirls*
I'm currently reading Scarlet. Maybe it'll get better!

message 14: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments Yep completely agree- I didn’t see the appeal at all

message 15: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i always had a strange relationship with marissa meyer books. i like them, but i never seem to love them as much as everybody else. i've read 6 books of hers, and only 2 of them i can say that i loved.

message 16: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments She doesn't inspire devout love from me, either. I guess they're okay?

message 17: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison (certifiedkilljoy) I was sure that this was my favourite series, but retreading Queen of Shadows is changing my opinion yet again.
@Sofia don’t get murdered by fan girls.

message 18: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments I'll try not to :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Marissa Meyer is my favorite author of all time. The Lunar Chronicles was inspiring and brilliant. It's my favorite YA series ever. My favorite book is Supernova, also by Marissa Meyer.

message 20: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments Wow. You're a true Marissa Meyer stan.

message 21: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments So. I finished Scarlet a while back. I'm reading Cress now. And I really like it! It's SO much better than Scarlet and Cinder. I hated the instalove in Scarlet, and Kai was just... not my favorite. But Cress and Thorne are adorable!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Sofia wrote: "So. I finished Scarlet a while back. I'm reading Cress now. And I really like it! It's SO much better than Scarlet and Cinder. I hated the instalove in Scarlet, and Kai was just... not my favorite...."

Yes! Out of all the boy characters, Thorne is my favorite! Though, I do like Kai's sarcasm... :) If you think Cress is better than Cinder and Scarlet, wait till you read Winter.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Sofia wrote: "Wow. You're a true Marissa Meyer stan."

Sofia wrote: "So. I finished Scarlet a while back. I'm reading Cress now. And I really like it! It's SO much better than Scarlet and Cinder. I hated the instalove in Scarlet, and Kai was just... not my favorite...."

So true. :) :D

message 24: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments I'm excited for Winter!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Sofia wrote: "I'm excited for Winter!"

Yes! You'll love it!!

message 26: by KingdomReader (last edited Oct 14, 2020 06:03PM) (new)

KingdomReader Beautiful.
I can't even express my feeling to this series it was so good.