A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Series > Three Dark Crowns

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
I've heard that this series gets worse towards the end, haven't finished personally myself. What about you guys?

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I DNF’d book 1. Just was slow and not for me.

message 3: by ❀ Rose ❀ (new)

❀ Rose ❀ (rosebooks) | 9 comments I’ve been putting off reading the last book for a long time now. I agree that it does kind of get worse tbh. The first book is the best one but GOD, the love triangle in that one made me want to rip out the pages. It was so unnecessary and stupid

message 4: by Valdi (new)

Valdi (evaldez) | 25 comments I read the 1st one and i actually liked it, but then book 2 took me forever to read...I just wanted to finish it

message 5: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i read the first three but haven't read the last one. i am waiting for it to be translated in my native language so i could have the whole set in the same edition. the first book i thought it was kinda slow and a little bit boring, but i loved book 2 and 3

message 6: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

i stand corrected i loved the second one, and i thought the third one was good but not as good as the 2nd one

message 7: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Who's your favourite queen? I kinda felt bad for Katharine, since she was somehow the weakest and had to go through a lot. Mirabella kinda annoyed me, and I don't have an opinion on Arsinoe

message 8: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

my favorite queen was arsinoe, i really liked her. in the first book i really liked kat, but in the second book i thought she was way too ruthless and then in the 3rd book i felt bad for her. and i hated mirabella...

message 9: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Same. I always felt like Katharine had been pushed to be something she wasn’t. In the second book she changed so much, it wasn’t good.

message 10: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

even tho it's not osmething i really liked, i'm pretty sure the author made kat as she was in the 2nd book bc of the past queens

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

my favorite is Mirabella. I love her. I liked Katharine at first, but that vanished after the dead queens incident. I liked Arsinoe but not as much as Mira.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.deviantart.com/queenanagr...

I drew Mira. I was going to do the other two but I only have Mirabella right now.

message 13: by chabe (new)

chabe (darknessbooks) | 34 comments I was excited to read this series but after all the bad things I heard about it I don't know what to do :(

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I think you should try the first book. It's the most controversial anyway.

message 15: by chabe (new)

chabe (darknessbooks) | 34 comments I thought it was a trilogy but there are more books . Is it necessary to read the others ?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

definitely not, those novellas were added on after the third book. they provide more backstory but they're not really necessary to read (there's four books by the way)

message 17: by chabe (new)

chabe (darknessbooks) | 34 comments Ok ! Thanks for the information :)

message 18: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I only read the first two, I kinda lost interest.

But what I always say is read other reviews to get a feel if you like the genre and the feel of it. Don't not read something because many people didn't like it. If you're curious, always try it out.

message 19: by Celi (last edited Jul 11, 2020 03:58PM) (new)

Celi | 346 comments I think the second book is really good. I already finished the series, is not the best but i like it. The fourth book has one plot twist that i didn't see coming and I was like 😱

Like I said, is not the best, but I think it's worth reading it.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite is the first book, and Mira is my favorite queen! The third book was probably my least favorite though.

message 21: by Monica (new)

Monica Little (myunicorndied) | 4 comments I had to dnf the second book. I almost dnf'd the first, but I like to give series a chance to second book. I was so sad because the plot was so unique, it was just executed poorly.