Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gaynor (new)

Gaynor Chapman (inkwright) Hi, thank you for letting me join the group. I'm Gaynor from the East Riding of Yorkshire, UK. I've visited about 40 countries and I'm also doing the challenge to read a book from every country in the world. So far I've read 170 books for this, so only 30-odd to go, but I'm struggling to find writers from some of these, so if anyone know of accessible and not too expensive books from Burkina Faso, Chad, Kiribati, Laos, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Nauru, Palau, Sao Tome & Principe, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Tuvalu or Vanatu I'd be grateful. They don't have to be fiction but the author does have to be born in that country and to have lived in it for several years at least. Thank you!
(sorry I posted this in the wrong place before, don't really know how to use Goodreads properly)

message 2: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 3071 comments Goodreads is very confusing at first. Welcome.
The group has an introductions thread, and for challenges you start your own thread under each section heading.
When I joined this group, I had the same problem but finally did figure it out, after a few months!

message 3: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 3071 comments Gaynor, you can always edit the heading and add your name.

message 4: by Gaynor (new)

Gaynor Chapman (inkwright) thanks Rosemarie!

message 5: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 3071 comments You're welcome!