Play Book Tag discussion

Daisy Jones & The Six
This topic is about Daisy Jones & The Six
May 2020: Other Books > Daisy Jones and the Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shelly | 532 comments This one really did bring me back to my rock 'n roll roots! I felt the energy in the music and the shows. I also appreciated how the story revolved around the high cost many artists paid to get to the top. I couldn't help but think about Janis and Jimi, just to name the most obvious. This story felt real, to the time, to the industry, and to the challenges of finding a balance between family and fame. I never thought twice about the format of the book. It seemed a great way to tell the story from multiple perspectives. I couldn't help but think about Fleetwood Mac, beginning with the photo of Daisy on the cover that definitely has a Stevie Nicks vibe. Then the band's meltdown while recording one of the best selling albums in history, say like Rumours? Reid does mention the album in her acknowledgements. Which brings me to the lyrics being part of the book. How are the lyrics presented in the audio version? I did not have a strong sense of what these songs might sound like..... but I bet many people do. And if there is a movie/series adaptation of the book, who will write the music for these sings?

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I loved this and I hope this format for fiction catches on. From what I understand, it's the only fiction oral history. I enjoyed it and would read more like this.

message 3: by David (new) - added it

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Great review, I really loved this book. ;-)