Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read: Fiction, Romance, YA, and more

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments I am an avid reader who has helped author friends with their work and recently finished a course on developmental editing. My experience as a reader and podcast editor has provided me with strong instincts towards what makes a good story. I'm looking to get some experience with beta reading, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement on big picture issues.

Message me if you have a project you'd like to discuss.

message 2: by G.L. (new)

G.L. Wilson | 29 comments Hi Abby

I’ve written a literary fiction book looking out how boys in the Seventies were influenced by the men in their lives (for good and ill).

It’s 110k long and set in the 1970s in the uk.

Here is the blurb.

What happens when a silent secret finds its voice? Scott Laker, global mogul and renowned entrepreneur, dubbed a ‘national treasure’, is given an old cassette tape at his retirement party.
He fears that once played the tape will reveal his boyhood sins (of racism, theft, dishonesty, attempted murder). ‘The Carol Singer’ asks the question, is Scott Laker a villain or a victim?

‘The Carol Singer’ is a book about power and responsibility. It’s about how men have to address and repair their damaged legacy. Living a life of half truths means burying half the truth.

‘The Carol Singer’ is a work of commercial literary fiction, a book club book. The book is a psychologically complex story, set in the 1970s with a mystery at its heart.

My email is gw12957@gmail.com.

I can send the first few chapters to se if you like the writing and could read more.

G

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 2 comments Hi Abby,

I have a complete103,000 word YA fantasy romance that you might be interested in.

Please email me at chocoal@gmail.com and I can send over a few chapters to see if you might interested in reading more.

message 4: by Zubair (new)

Zubair Dollie | 23 comments Hi Abby!

I've written a 38k word, 60% completed, Dark Fantasy with a bit of comedy and romance woven in between. (LGBTQ friendly)

1st person story following Nox (male, dark skin) as he suddenly appears in a fantastical world, losing all memories of his past.

In this new world he befriends two others (a forest elf woman and a another guy who’s in a similar position as him). Together they try and figure out what’s actually going on and links it to the antagonists of the story. The main characters main objective is to find a way back to his own world:

This story contains extreme violence and a bit of foul language (just the F word). There isn’t any sex, but there are sexual innuendos.
Another trigger warning is that it talks about depression and self harm.

I’m sorry for sucking at giving a brief overview of the plot, but I hope you enjoy it.

Looking for someone to let me know if the plot is interesting enough, if the characters are likable and three dimensional, let me know if there are any annoying plot holes, etc.

message 5: by Ackash (new)

Ackash Kumar | 31 comments Hi, Abby! I'm so honoured to have you read my work, if you decided to

I have two finished manuscripts that I would love to share with you. Both have similar themes, but are different in their own ways. And they are not connected directly to each other but share a bond that is as mysterious as the flow of the universe. The plot heavily revolves around the zodiac and how they mature wrapped in a very human story full of flaws and acceptance towards the end. (it's not a series, really) Hence, these books focus on the sign of the title given to them. There's some power usage as well and both these books are relatively safe (some warning for trauma, fighting, sex (mentions), alcohol abuse (mentions), swearing in one the books )

these characters are also diverse in their opinions, skin colour, race, religion, body type and others. 12 books. 12 main characters. All of them have things to fix and all have their own stories to tell.

Savannah is a 20+ year old African-American from Wichita and Yannathan is a 30+ year old Aboriginal from Australia. She has an average build from her consistent diet and relatively lazy way of life. He has a climber's body from all the stunts he's pulled in his life. They both have so much to face that even they never expected.

i hope i've given you enough to consider my manuscripts (you can pick one or both, i'm fine with it) without spoiling too much. DM me if you're interested!

message 6: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Hapeman (tabithahapeman) | 18 comments Good morning, Abby!
I'm searching for additional betas for a character-driven novel.
Here is the blurb:

David Archer is a young man with a traumatic past who meets high school senior Lizzy Gellar in the summer of 1999. The product of an abusive home, David must decide if he will confront his past and break away from his controlling father or succumb to the demands of his inheritance. The choice is taken away from him by the quick succession of significant changes in both his and Lizzy’s families.

Facing the consequences of his childhood, David struggles to make friendships and believe himself worthy of care and comfort. A burgeoning relationship that ends in tragedy forces him to finally confront his fears about intimacy, masculinity, and sexuality. When Lizzy re-enters his life 12 years after their affair ended, David must decide if he is worthy of love and companionship while continuing his journey of healing.

Please let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in! Thanks so much.

message 7: by A.C. (new)

A.C. | 16 comments Abby wrote: "I am an avid reader who has helped author friends with their work and recently finished a course on developmental editing. My experience as a reader and podcast editor has provided me with strong i..."

Hi Abby,

Late to reply but I'd love an opinion on my opening chapter. The novel is 97% complete and I will need a full beta read soon enough. The first chapter could be a 'testing the waters' scenario in which you decide if you would read on or not.

The first chapter is 5000 words (one of the longest in my novel) but for you it would be a simple walk in the park compared to reading an entire manuscript. The genre is sci-fi/dystopian with a dash of cli-fi. It follows three characters living in New City (formerly Manhattan) approx 50 years in the future. A large seawall protects the inhabitants from the surging seas but nothing can protect them from the corporate masters who rule society.

If you are interested my email is ACShelby01@yahoo.com.

Either way thanks for the post, very generous to offer beta reads.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 67 comments Celebrating the end of the school year, sisters Ember and Holly go on a camping trip to Mt. St. Helens National Park with their friends. Everything is fun and games until the world turns completely dark. The darkness is terrifying, but when light is restored, things get even worse. Magic and monsters have entered the world, running free to wreak havoc on every aspect of life. Surrounded by chaos and danger, the group of friends wants desperately to return to normalcy, but instead find themselves battling for their lives as they embark on a journey of survival. Throughout the ever-changing world, they must find safety and learn to fight. Will Ember, Holly, and their friends survive, and more importantly, will they learn to live with the magic or die trying?
Diego has been a soldier for less than a year, and now he’s being sent to the front lines to fight. He and his unit must save a small town from an unknown enemy, an enemy new to his world. The unit fights creatures straight out of nightmares and find they are ill-prepared. When nothing goes according to plan, Diego and a group of other surviving soldiers embark on their own journey, never imagining what lies ahead.

This is a young adult fantasy of about 82,000 words with some violence and strong language. Let me know if you would be interested.

message 9: by Fred (new)

Fred | 16 comments Hi Abby,

I'm looking for a beta reader for a short sci-fi novel (32K words.) Here's a synopsis:

COGNITION is a science fiction novel with elements of crime and political drama. It involves androids known as “cognizants” or “cogs” who live and work among humans, have real emotions and personalities, and who would like to be treated not as machines but as people. They are the good guys in this world. The protagonist in this story is a human, a young woman named Jessie who works as a congressional aid. In the course of her work, she befriends a cog and becomes obsessed with knowing about their origin and about the brilliant but reclusive scientist who invented them. She also learns that there are hate groups who don't want the cogs to be treated as people, and who will try anything, even political assassination, to keep them down. She volunteers to investigate these groups, going undercover to learn their secrets and to stop their crimes.

I hope this is something that interests you. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

Fred

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Drummond | 10 comments Hello Abby,

I'm looking for some beta readers to give me their general impressions of the plot, characters and overall readability of my first novel. This is the fourth draft and the time has come to get another set of eyes on it.

There are 25 chapters in total and I am planning on sending them out 5 chapters at a time. I will be sharing them through google documents with a short questionnaire for you to give me your thoughts.

email: scott@thatseikaiwa.com

Here are the details:
Title: House of the Kappa (working title)
Word count: 93,000 words
Genre: General Fiction
Themes: Divorce, friendship, drug use, crime, depression, revenge, personal journey
Content Warning: Drug use, suicide attempt, sex, murder
Summary
Keiko is sick of life with her overbearing husband. Having lived in his shadow for most of her adult years, she is determined to break free and put her true potential to the test.
As she tries to spice up her life with petty acts of revenge on anyone who crosses her, she finds herself caught up in a world of drugs, crime and salted cucumbers.
The friends and enemies she makes along the way change her life forever, bringing love, laughter and sadness all served up with a twist of things uniquely Japanese.
Follow Keiko on her journey of self-discovery and as she finally begins to see there’s more to life than ironing underpants and pretending to be nice.

Thanks for reading my post and please get in touch if you have any questions.

Scott

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Godley | 12 comments Hi Abby!

I am seeking a beta reader for Rock, Scissors, Paperbag an easy chapter book for children. Total: 4000 words.

The Sandlot meets The Goonies.

Every kid knows the legend of The Great Orange Tree. They say there is a magical tree in a faraway land that grows REAL orange-balls every hundred years, but it is just a story. Rock, Scissors and Paperbag, 7-year-old best friends, discover a riddle and ancient map that lead them on a wild adventure to The Great Orange Tree. The Legend is real! Paperbag, who is afraid of everything, Rock, who is seriously tough and Scissors, smart and chill have a near-disastrous brush with a cave monster, a tornado of cooties and who can forget, The Land of Smells.

Their goal? To find The Great Orange Tree to get real orange-balls for the kids of Orange Orange to play with. Only professional Orange Ball players play with real orange-balls… until today! The wacky and offbeat characters make this a worthy rendition of a perennial theme of the power of friendship. These three best friends work together and achieve the unthinkable, face their personal fears and have a blast in this hilariously fun adventure.

I am interested in knowing where the reader is confused by the plot, characters, and world-building. Anything you didn’t like? Anything that took you out of the story? And any pointers about making that first chapter spot on!

If you are interested, Reply and I can send you the book.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

message 12: by Gill (last edited Jun 20, 2020 05:41AM) (new)

Gill Fernandez | 25 comments Hi Abby,
I'm looking for a beta who enjoys historical romance. I have a very short (just over 15K words) promo book which is for give away through my site and would like some fresh eyes on it before I start sending it out. Would you be interested?

message 13: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments Gill wrote: "Hi Abby,
I'm looking for a beta who enjoys historical romance. I have a very short (just over 15K words) promo book which is for give away through my site and would like some fresh eyes on it befor..."

Hi Gill,

I'm interested! I've got some projects on my list so it may take a little while. If that is ok, email your ms to abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com and let me know if you're looking for any specific feedback.

Thanks!

message 14: by J. Lynn (new)

J. Lynn | 12 comments Hi, if you are interested in reading my YA fantasy of about 68,000 words, please PM me!
Synopsis: Assumed identity, intense PE, and people trying to kill him: Amar just can’t get a break in any world he’s in! When Amar Hassan washes up on the shore of a mysterious world, he’s assumed to be a Seer, a mystic warrior sent to liberate the Forgotten from a tyrannical king. Amar can’t even face the school football team without running away, but he’ll have to train if he wants to survive in this new world. He can’t run and hide from danger here- not with a cave full of people desperately depending on him. Or at least, that’s what he’s trying to convince himself.

message 15: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Custer | 9 comments Hi Abby!

I would love for you to take a look at my finished 92,000-word dual point of view YA romance novel, Mixtape. It is a gritty love story, set in southern California in the 1980s, with an emphasis on complex family drama.

Please let me know if you are interested!

message 16: by Gary (new)

Gary (ghindhaughwriter) | 7 comments Hi Abby,
I have a circa 80,000 word YA and I'm looking for a beta reader. If you are still available, please email me and I can give you further details. gbhcool12@gmail.com

Gary

message 17: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments Alisa wrote: "Hi Abby!

I would love for you to take a look at my finished 92,000-word dual point of view YA romance novel, Mixtape. It is a gritty love story, set in southern California in the 1980s, with an em..."

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for reaching out. Your ms sounds intriguing! Right now I've got a full slate of beta reads for the rest of the month and once finished, am planning to transition to more traditional developmental editing services. If you are looking for that, at a reduced rate as I start out, email me at abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com

Thanks,
Abby

message 18: by Abby (last edited Jul 05, 2020 11:37PM) (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments g wrote: "Hi Abby,
I have a circa 80,000 word YA and I'm looking for a beta reader. If you are still available, please email me and I can give you further details. gbhcool12@gmail.com

Gary"

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reaching out. Right now I've got a full slate of beta reads for the rest of the month and once finished, am planning to transition to more traditional developmental editing services. If you are looking for that, at a reduced rate as I start out, email me at abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com

Thanks,
Abby

message 19: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Walker | 22 comments Abby wrote: "I am an avid reader who has helped author friends with their work and recently finished a course on developmental editing. My experience as a reader and podcast editor has provided me with strong i..."

Hey Abby,

Do you like poetry? I have written a short 3 chapter poetry book that tells a love story.
if you would be interested, please email me at bethanywalker387@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you :)

message 20: by Aurialis (new)

Aurialis  (aurialis) | 16 comments Hii. My book is a mix of few genres - Adult fiction, mystery, romance. I am only asking for a beta read for the first chapter of about 2800 words.

In the first chapter, you will be introduced to the main character Ava and some insight in her daily life. She lives in a small town.

If you are interested, let me know and I will forward you my draft. Thanks

message 21: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Walker | 22 comments Abby wrote: "I am an avid reader who has helped author friends with their work and recently finished a course on developmental editing. My experience as a reader and podcast editor has provided me with strong i..."

Hello Abby,

Would you be interested in a short 3 chapter poetry book, roughly 90 poems that tells a nonfiction love story?

if you would be interested please feel free to email me at bethanywalker387@gmail.com :)

message 22: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 38 comments Hello Abby. I am looking for a beta reader for my finished novel "Chalkdust. It is 119,000 words. Here is the blurb:

The weight of two humans in the trunk of Aubrie’s car make her feel lighter than she’s felt in years. They’re not dead bodies, just broken souls. When one of Aubrie’s students is put in protective custody after her immigrant parents are deported, Aubrie is launched into a world of fostering and smuggling. Bureaucratic red-tape, custody hearing, and a trip to Mexico in a car with a big-ass trunk lead Aubrie to find more than her student’s parents.

Tina, an over-achieving first generation Mexican-American, is falsely accused of mistreating a student. Humiliated, she is marched from her classroom and placed in a detention facility known as “the rubber room”. Tina retreats from her friends and family and focuses on trying to fix the very system that is trying to destroy her.

After Piper’s carefully crafted image of the devoted wife and successful professional shatters with a late-term miscarriage, she turns her pain and rage onto Tina, her most vulnerable friend.
Piper’s grief, self-loathing, and cynicism combined with her insatiable ambition proves to be tragic for those she loves.

In this story, we witness the intertwined narratives of three best friends as they navigate from their college years filled with secrets, coffee house poetry, and naked runs to the gritty reality of life as an adult. The story is told from the first-person perspectives of three women: Aubrie the giver, Piper the taker, and Tina the target.

Thank you for your consideration.
Cheers,
Trisha.

message 23: by Daniel J Fazzino (new)

Daniel J Fazzino | 5 comments Hi Abby,
My name is Daniel and my email is Danielfazzino8522@gmail.com
I have a Fiction Novella, it has been polished twice, but never read by someone nonbiased.
This Story is about a conflict between Indonesia and America following a drafted soldier and his journey in body and mind throughout the action of war. This story is told in a First person perspective of this soldier.

message 24: by Abby (new)

Abby | 48 comments Hello Abby aka name twin!

Thanks for doing this. My book has 52,000 words and is incomplete. I am about half way through, but I wanted feedback.

Here is a summary of my science fiction novel, if you have time:

In the year 2110, there is an uproar in almost every country in the world, all because eighteen years prior, one couple wanted a child. Instead of seeking the help of doctors, or adoption, they decided to consult a scientist. That scientist gave them a child, an exceptional child. Years later Exceptionals live mostly hidden in society. People in their respective countries –even their governments– either want to weaponize them, destroy them, or integrate them into society. Traveling from country to country, a group follows the trail of an ex-CIA agent on a mission to save Exceptionals on behalf of the Romanian government. This group of civilians, tech heads, military men, and CIA agents, team up to rid the world of its destruction. The venture does not come without its challenges as each person must face a different kind of danger then they were expecting to face. Despite the turmoil, they find family amongst strangers… and robots.

Message me if you are interested!

message 25: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Weingartner | 20 comments Hi Abby, my novel is a character-driven novel about a disgruntled, middle-aged man who learns humility and gratitude in dramatic ways which leads to joyful character change. Think of a modern day Scrooge. Thanks for considering!

Book Title: Thank You
Author: Ryan Weingartner (ryanweingartner@gmail.com)
Word Count: 58,000

message 26: by Rod (new)

Rod Raglin | 42 comments Abby wrote: "I am an avid reader who has helped author friends with their work and recently finished a course on developmental editing. My experience as a reader and podcast editor has provided me with strong i..."

Hello Abby,
Would you be interested in beta reading The Bird Witch - Book 4 in the Mattie Saunders Series - romance, action, politics, multicultural characters, and birds. It’s 50K, complete and publisher-ready. However, I’m sure some fresh eyes could still find dropped words, a few grammatical errors, and even plot glitches. I can send a digital edition in any format you prefer.

Blurb: Can you love someone whose worldview is different from yours? Who is committed to a cause that excludes you because of your race, and keeps his activities secret “for your own good”? Simon is an indigenous person committed to the First Nation causes. Mattie loves him, but is love enough?

This is a stand-alone story with provocative themes that explore contemporary culture and has an underlying subplot that addresses environmental issues.

You can check out the previews of the first three books in The Mattie Saunders Series; The Rocker and the Bird Girl, Cold-Blooded, and The Bird Whisperer on my website at http://www.rodraglin.com or my Amazon Author Page at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003DS6LEU.

If it sounds interesting and you can give me a quick turn around, contact me at rod_raglin@yahoo.com.

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments Anne wrote: "Hi Abby,

I have a historical fiction sweet romance novelette of about 15k words.

I would love for you to read it as BETA for me.

I’m interested to hear
- if the story flows well
- is it suitable..."

Hi Anne,

This sounds up my alley, however I'm currently transitioning to paid development editing services. I'm doing these at reduced rates as I gain more experience. I've gotten some great feedback during my time beta reading, so I know I can help with your novelette! If interested, email me at abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 28: by Carly (new)

Carly Huss (carlyhusswrites) | 13 comments Hi Abby!
If you're still looking for projects, I'd love you to consider mine. :)
To Dream or Not to Dream is a YA contemporary romance currently sitting at 119K, but I need help getting it below 80K.

Raleigh Cortez uses fiction to escape reality until her dream of making it as an actress in LA will allow her to escape her broken town and drunk mother permanently. In the meantime, she refuses to date Lakesboro boys. Because: A) They love football, country music, and themselves too much to love a girl the way her book-boyfriends do. B) She plans on being an actress in LA soon anyway. C) Lakesboro boys grow up to be Lakesboro men. Like her sleazy stepdad.
Brooks Overstreet is the epitome of all things Lakesboro boy. Or so Raleigh tries to tell herself, anyway. No, he is. He definitely is. For one, he wears his football injuries like medals. For two, he sneaks out of his room to see girls’ in the middle of the night (not that she’s paying attention to his bedroom window or anything…it’s just right there, across the street). For three, his biggest dream is to be the number one assembly line worker at Lakesboro Boots. With all the other Lakesboro boys. Only, no Lakesboro boy Raleigh’s ever met would give up his bro time to help a girl get her dream. And they don’t admit to liking chick books. And Lakesboro boys definitely don’t carry a girl’s mom upstairs because she drank herself to oblivion. Okay, so fine. Maybe Brooks is only quiet because he’s thinking deep thoughts. And maybe the way he pats down his cute little cowlick stuns her into silence—which is hard to do, by the way. But that does not mean she has a crush on him. Nope. Not at all. Not even a little bit.
A long time ago, Brooks learned there’s no point in dreaming. You dream that your dad might finally see you as something as more than a headache if you make the football team; now you just let him down if you lose. You dream that your mom will tell your dad to get lost; she just begs him to stay. You dream that you can stop your dad from hitting your mom if you get big enough; you just turn into the punching bag. No, dreams are for kids. Well, for kids and Raleigh. She’ll get her dreams. He’ll make sure of it. He’s just got to pray he doesn’t wind up dreaming of her while he does it. Because that would be the stupidest dream of all.

message 29: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments Carly wrote: "Hi Abby!
If you're still looking for projects, I'd love you to consider mine. :)
To Dream or Not to Dream is a YA contemporary romance currently sitting at 119K, but I need help getting it below 80..."

This sounds up my alley, however I'm currently transitioning to paid development editing services. I'm doing these at reduced rates as I gain more experience. I've gotten some great feedback during my time beta reading, so I know I can help with your novel! If interested, email me at abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com

message 30: by Molly (new)

Molly Stegall (mollystegall) | 168 comments Hello, I have recently finished my Fantasy book: Ashes of Revenge (96k words). I would describe this as a YA Fantasy book and would love to have a Beta Reader(s) read and review it! If you would only be willing/able to do a chapter or two that is fine as well!
Thank you!

In the land of Fantacia, there are Five Kingdoms that rule over all, each having its own species: Farian, Monstro, Mundus, Shifter, and Telik. The Kingdoms are constantly at odds and have been on the brink of war for years. That threat becomes a reality when the Monstro King issues an ultimatum: side with him or go to war.

Hoping to prevent war and take down the worst of the Kingdoms - the Monstro, Mundus, and Shifter - is Raven, a Mundus that has three-fourths of her body burned and has a knack for throwing knives. Richard, a Farian with wings as dark as the night and an unmatched skillset with a sword. Colt, a Shifter with two different colored eyes who kills with more speed and accuracy than comprehendible.

Just when the plan begins to take effect, Raven runs into the entity of Death. Surprisingly, he wants Raven to succeed, but he'll make sure she'll suffer along the way. He forces the group into the Mundus Kingdom, a place Raven never wanted to see again unless it was nothing but ash. There, the group's secrets and pasts begin to slowly rise to the surface, threatening their plans. However, they still have one goal - revenge.

Please PM me :)

message 31: by Nastasia (new)

Nastasia Bishop | 49 comments Hi Abby,

I'd be very interested in your service if you're not already too overwhelmed!
I'm looking for a beta to read the first 5 chapters of my novel and gain some honest feedback to see if it's heading in an interesting direction!
It's a fantasy, hovering between adult and YA but probably a little more YA leaning.
Here's a WIP outline, let me know if of any interest. Thanks for your consideration! :)

Title: Kingdom of Stardust

"In an age where natural, magikal ability has been lost, only a physical spark can bring out the power within.

In the district of Sula, Zola Norsova is grieving her Grandfather's death when she is captured by the sovereign. King Lucan believes her to be his long lost niece but when the rebel group known as The Kasi find her missing, they'll do everything they can to get her back.
But does Zola want to be saved? The more she learns of her Grandfather's mysterious past, the more she is drawn in to the delights of the royal city of Jorvik.

Two generations back, Zola's grandmother, Mika, has risen up the ranks in The Kasi rebel group to become leader of the division of saboteurs. When a falling star leads to a chance encounter with a Prince-on-the-run, does she stay true to her rebel cause or risk everything to help him? "

Told in multiple viewpoints across two generations. The story is full of magik, Viking inspired fashion and fantasy technology.

message 32: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_cerquitella) | 25 comments Nastasia wrote: "Hi Abby,

I'd be very interested in your service if you're not already too overwhelmed!
I'm looking for a beta to read the first 5 chapters of my novel and gain some honest feedback to see if it'..."

Hi Natasia, congrats on your work! I'm transitioning to paid beta/development editing services with reduced rates. If this is something you're interested in send me a message through goodreads or email abigail.cerquitella@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 33: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Hello Abby,

I have a 36k-word YA science fiction book completed and in need of your sharp eyes. I am looking for your suggestions on the plot, characters, story continuity, and generally where you think the story needs tightening or perhaps aspects that could be expanded on. This is an ARC of book 2 of the Atoma series. I can also send you the published Book 1 for a review if you wish.

Atoma is a 16-year-old girl, who along with a group of teenagers, all outcasts like her, finds herself on an odd-shaped planet in a star system light-years from Earth. None of them really had a choice but to accept a mission that was shrouded in secrecy.

Following a crash landing, Atoma and Nako are rescued by Ilyin, a young warrior about their age. They quickly discover something is badly amiss in this very strange world. Atoma lives to return to Earth to discover a home and her family erased from her memory, but now there’s Ilyin, and despite Nako's warning, Atoma finds herself increasingly drawn to the boy.

The coming-of-age, action-adventure with large helpings of suspense and thrills continues. You can find the link to Book 1 below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Thank you
~ Gerard

message 34: by William (new)

William R | 13 comments Hi Abbey

I have finished my book and its been to a Developmental Editor. It's a suspense/thriller right at 100,000 words. Over 20 people have read and loved it. I'm looking for a Beta to give me last minute advice. It's called "Killing Fiath and here's a synopsis.

“There’s nothing that boggles the human mind more than trying to keep someone who will not stay or get rid of someone who will not go.”

Killing Faith is the riveting story told by Faith Brunick, a mother of three children looking back on her life and describing her hopeless situation. She was once married to a very successful lawyer. Unhappy in the marriage she has a long affair and divorces her husband. After several failed relationships she decides to stop dating. Out of nowhere she meets the "man of her dreams" who wins her over and makes her believe in love again. He seems perfect – handsome, smart, and successful. Is her dream man the answer to her prayers or another nightmare that will destroy her life? Killing Faith is a real thriller that will leave you stunned when you realize it can happen to anyone

Killing Faith is a riveting thriller that will keep you hooked until the last page. If you like Gone Girl or Girl on a Train you’ll love this book.

message 35: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hey, Abby!

I'm seeking beta readers for a 7.300 word short story called "This Might Have Been A Different Story." This story is set in Regency England (early 1800s).

About the story:

Miss Jane Everleigh is caught stealing a diamond necklace from a shopkeeper, Mr. William Hartford. William has long been infatuated with Jane, so instead of sending her to Newgate Prison, he strikes a deal with her. She may borrow the necklace to impress the man of her daydreams, Lord Grandford, but for a favor.

If you're interested in reading, please contact me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com.

Best,
Kat Devitt