Play Book Tag discussion

I Know This Much Is True
This topic is about I Know This Much Is True
Footnotes > I Know This Much Is True - HBO

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5239 comments Is anyone else watching I Know This Much is True, on HBO? I read the book 20 years ago and it was very powerful. It's about a man dealing with life and his twin brother who has schizophrenia. I saw the first episode tonight and Mark Ruffalo blew me away.

I don't remember a lot from the book, but I know I loved it. I'm not sure yet if I'll reread the book. If they don't go deep enough, I may have to.
(I'm definitely not going to try to read another Outlander book the same time I watch the show. I'm reading book 4 and watching season 4 now. The changes are confusing and distracting, and it reduced the impact of some of the events.)

The TV listing on my screen showed two names, Mark Ruffalo and Derek Cianfrance. I was watching the two brothers in a scene together trying to figure out which one is played by Ruffalo. They look different (one seems much heavier), but definitely like brothers. I thought I knew which one was Ruffalo, but then the other one had his voice. Finally I looked it up and discovered they are both played by Mark Ruffalo. Cianfrance is the director. It's wild because the brothers are in a lot of scenes together.

Juliet Lewis was really freaky. I hope she'll be a continuing character. Melissa Leo plays his mother and I didn't even recognize her.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I didn’t know this was a thing! I really enjoyed the book some twenty years ago too. I really like but Ruffalo and Lewis so I’m looking forward to checking it out. Thanks!

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments I have not watched it and not sure if I will any time soon (it looks a little bleak for me at the current moment), but I have heard that Ruffalo is phenomenal in it!

I watched a promo for it and I totally agree that even though he plays both of the brothers, he makes them totally different and I actually questioned myself if it wasn't two different actors!