I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for June's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (last edited May 16, 2020 05:11PM) (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 210 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our June 2020 Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is Own Voices.

Titles nominated this month must meet the Own Voices requirement, meaning that the creator is part of the marginalized group they're writing about. Some popular examples would be Persepolis, Ms. Marvel, March, etc. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2020 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Manga nominations are welcome.
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels, but not omnibuses.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's Book of the Month bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Junji Ito.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar, 2019 theme calendar, and 2020 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 121 comments The Outside Circle by Patti Laboucane-Benson and Kelly Mellings

message 3: by Lenny (new)

Lenny (lennylenlen) | 137 comments I nominate Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe.

Nancy - I've been wanting to read The Outside Circle since I read your review! Thank you for nominating it :)

Interstella5555 | 13 comments This is a good theme for this month but I may have to plead ignorance on the subject and just see what everyone else nominates :)

message 5: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (last edited May 18, 2020 12:17PM) (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 601 comments Mod
Livewire Volume 1: Fugitive by Vita Ayala, Adam Pollina, Raul Allen, Patricia Martin

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 210 comments Mod
I'll nominate On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden. I've been meaning to read it, plus it's available both as a book and as a webcomic, so no trip to the library needed! :)

message 8: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 181 comments Mod
I loved Moonstruck, Vol. 1: Magic to Brew by Grace Ellis. I nominate that one!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.