What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/Teen Romance read 1987-1991. Girl meets Military guy at/near USO, possibly WW2? Guy smokes cigarettes. Cover: sunset? Title: sunset/rise/dawn related?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Stuever | 4 comments Probably a long shot but... Paperback probably YA I read it between 1987-1991. It was found in a typical high school paperback book display with other books like PS I love you, published by Sweet Dreams, Wildfire books, etc. Plot is about a girl that meets a military guy at or outside of a USO. I remember one of them is leaning on a car or in a car window, the guy smokes a cigarette they have a relationship... I believe it was possibly WW2 era themed. I think the cover had a dark purplish sunset and the title might have had something about the sun(sunset/rise/dawn,etc) in it. I've looked and don't believe it's published by Sweet Dreams, Wildfire or Crosswinds. Might have been a (Scholastic) Point Romance. Cover was very clean and simple not a lot (if any) of graphics or calligraphy and I don't think there was a couple on the cover though not sure.

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Stuever | 4 comments I don't think so I don't see any other versions of the cover and that's definitely not the cover I remember. I also think it was set somewhere on the mainland maybe East Coast but not sure.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Stuever | 4 comments Anyone with other ideas?

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 12, 2020 01:44PM) (new)

Kris | 34469 comments Mod
Patricia, I added some details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Stuever | 4 comments Thanks so much!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34469 comments Mod
You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Veronica (other topics)