Support for Indie Authors discussion

Cover Workshop > Cover Help - Paranormal Romance - Forbidden

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haru (last edited May 16, 2020 04:27PM) (new)

Haru Ichiban | 255 comments Okay, the thing is, I make covers with my own watercolor paintings, giving them a quite unique look. I would use a generic font, and now I've changed to one I made myself. So yeah, they kind of look "homemade", but I want them to be in an artisan way, not an unprofessional one.

So, I would want you to tell me if this one looks unprofessional in any way, and if so, why. Go ahead, pick at anything that rubs you off the wrong way. If it's constructive criticism, I can take it.

message 2: by B.A. (new)

B.A. A. Mealer | 811 comments If it is a YA novel the cover would be good other than the implied sec with the unbuckled belt. It would probably get a lot of sales to young girls for that reason though. As an adult, I'd probably pass the book over feeling that it wouldn't be something I'd like.

You name lookslike it's all one word and I at first thought to H was a stylized M. I'm hoping the last name begins with an I and the letter after the h is an l. IF so, it should be the same size as the h and b. If it is an i, then you do need to shorten it and put a dot above it.

message 3: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 255 comments Thank you very much, B.A.! The font I invented was made so it had 11:11 in both the word "Forbidden" and "Haru Ichiban". Seeing 11:11 repeatedly is supposed to be a way the angels are trying to get your attention. It works with repeating sequences like 222, 333, 444, 555 and many more, but 11:11 is the most famous. And since 7 out of my 8 first novels are about angels...

That was what I was afraid of. When you make a very exotic font then people can't read it *sweat drop*

And close, it's New Adult. The characters are detective students in the first book and detectives in the following ones.

message 4: by Tony (new)

Tony Nash | 29 comments Isn't this advertising - no links to books, etc. etc?

message 5: by B.A. (new)

B.A. A. Mealer | 811 comments This isn't advertising. She is asking for help on the cover as to what works and what doesn't. There is no link as the cover is imbedded here.

message 6: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4270 comments Mod
Tony wrote: "Isn't this advertising - no links to books, etc. etc?"

No, this is the cover workshop. She's not advertising, she's asking for help / opinions on her cover. This isn't a link.

message 7: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 255 comments B.A. and Dwayne, you're far nicer than I could ever hope to be.