Art Lovers discussion

Books & Reviews > Free Ebook -- Chinese Paintings

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Henry Potter Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit Chinese Paintings An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit by John Calvin Ferguson
We hope you will get your free copy of Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit, and write an honest review on the Amazon web page https://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Painti...

Have you ever felt a sense of awe looking at the beauty of Chinese paintings and wanted to know more about the people and culture that produced these works of art?

Did you know that early Chinese artists experimented with oils before opting to paint exclusively with water colors on silk or paper? Did you know that Chinese paintings are traditionally classified under eight headings? Are you able to identify and contrast conservative and progressive elements within Chinese paintings? Have you noticed the “mystery of the soul-world” in Chinese paintings?

John Calvin Ferguson, a resident of China for more than 30 years and a renowned scholar of Chinese art, answers these and many other questions in Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit.

Beginning with a discussion of sources and technique, the author then surveys the most prominent Chinese painters and their major works over a period of more than a thousand years.

This book is a pleasure to read and contains a treasure of insights into Chinese paintings.

message 2: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Shawn wrote: "Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the SpiritChinese Paintings An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit by John Calvin Ferguson
W..."

Wow! That looks so awesome! I checked it out on Amazon. Unfortunately, I don't have a Kindle. I wish the paperback were free :( I would totally enjoy reading that and would gladly give a review.
It does sound interesting and exciting! I hope you get the insightful reviews that you need. Best of luck to you!

message 3: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Henry Potter Heather wrote: "Shawn wrote: "Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spirit[bookcover:Chinese Paintings: An Ancient Civilization Explores the Mysteries of the Spir..."

Thank you, Heather, for your kind words. I really appreciate your encouragement.

I read Kindle ebooks on my Ipad, and my wife reads them on her Iphone. We discovered that you can read any Kindle ebook on any computer, tablet, or mobile device using Amazon’s free Kindle app available here: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

I hope this helps. Best wishes to you too! Shawn

message 4: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Yes I does help, I have an iPhone so I could do that! Cool, thank you!