Philosophy Of The Masters (Volume II ) Philosophy Of The Masters discussion

ESSENTIAL VIRTUES

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RECLAIM YOUR GODHOOD (last edited May 16, 2020 05:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

RECLAIM YOUR GODHOOD In Philosophy of The Master's Volume 3 by Great Master Sawan Singh Ji as well as MY SUBMISSION ( which is like foot notes for the 5 volume set) there is a chapter entitled " ESSENTIAL VIRTUES FOR THE SUCCESSFUL PRACTICE OF SURAT SHABD YOGA .
One of these ESSENTIAL virtues is

CONTENTMENT WITH ONES LOT IN LIFE ( AKA ABNEGATION OF DESIRE ) Contentment is the opposite of Desire . The Buddha said "The cause of all suffering is desire" If we can become desire less we shall be free of suffering . The happiest man in the world is the man who has been able to channelize all his desires into the single desire for God realization.

Great master writes that we should not own unnecessary articles .

We need to drop out of the "rat race" for status and social ladder climbing and be content with what is necessary for health and an atmosphere for love fro God .

Huzur said"
" it is much better to have a high standard of contentment and
a low standard of living
than a high standard of living and
a low standard of contentment"

and

"We should try to resist and
get rid of desires by meditation
not stoop to fulfill them in our life
If we stoop to fulfill one desire
Mind will create 20 more
If we indulge them
them mind says,
"Whatever I want I can Make him do it"
Then we shall have no time
To worship God
-Huzur Maharaji

(and no money for financial security I might add)

message 2: by Darius (last edited May 16, 2020 05:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Darius Murretti In Sar Bachan P 161-165 says

" A gurmuk is contented with little and does not desire to take from others. A gurmuk leads a simple humble life and is ready to live contentedly on whatever falls to his lot be it dry and unbuttered bread or rough and course clothing .

A manmuk always loves and craves dainty dishes . He dies not like to have dry and unbuttered bread and things of low value .

A gurmuk is not engrossed by worldly goods and the meshes of the world and feels no pleasure or pain in losing them or getting them . He keeps an eyes on the salvation of his soul and on pleasing the Master.

A manmuk thinks too much of the world and its goods he feels pleasure if he gets them and pain if he loses them .

A gurmuk is not much attracted by worldly people. He does not care or crave for pleasures or enjoyments nor does he long for sight seeing and amusements HIS ONLY DESIRE IS TO BE AT THE FEET OF THE SAT GURU and he remains absorbed in that bliss.

A manmuk loves worldly people and things and desires worldly enjoyments and pleasures and feels happy in sight seeing and amusements.

THOSE WHO LOVE HIS HOLY FEET AND HAVE FAITH IN HIM WILL SURELY RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE GURMUK VIRTUES ONE DAY "