Books2Movies Club discussion

30 Days Of Night
This topic is about 30 Days Of Night
Quick Reads > 2020/05 - 30 Days Of Night

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2877 comments Mod
This thread is only about the first installment of 30 Days Of Night, i.e. the first three volumes in the series. There are also three adaptations inspired (and written) by Steve Niles, but we should watch the first one, 30 Days of Night (2007), that is based on the comics we are reading.

I hope you'll like this month's quick read selection. If you are not quite into blood-thirsty horror stories, you are free to read and watch something else from our bookshelf :)

message 2: by Zeljka (last edited May 23, 2020 11:52AM) (new)

Alright, so I read this in 20 minutes or less. The shortness of the story surprised me a bit, as I am accustomed to European comics that take much more time for reading. I wasn't aware that American comics are in so short length format. In any case, I am not sure what to say. The illustrations were gloomy and scary, offering the right mood for the story they were telling. However, at times it was so difficult to discern who's talking and what was going on in some frames. The story itself was very compelling. It was a perfect storyboard for a film adaptation, which happened, of course. I am not willing to read sequels though. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I'll try to watch the movie soon.

message 3: by Zeljka (new)

I watched the movie a couple nights ago. The story was quite expanded, but that was reasonable to expect, otherwise a movie based solely on the source comics would have been a very short one. The story was a bit different too. I liked the variety of supporting characters. The vampires were far from sparkling and romantic beings we see nowadays, which I liked the most. They aren't supposed to be but horrible cursed creatures feeding on and toying with humans for sport. Still, the movie itself was an average horror movie. Some actions and situations weren't quite logical. Maybe I am too old for that stuff.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

30 Days Of Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Steve Niles (other topics)