The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 30.10 - Andy P's Task: Junk Food or Fitness?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 18, 2020 02:18PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4927 comments Mod
30.10 Andy P.’s Task: Junk Food or Fitness?

I have noticed that virtually all of the Fitness Centers in the United States have been closed since mid-March. Since I enjoy the use of at least three of these centers both for the exercise that my body needs and my mind concentrates on audio books best while I am doing this, the last ten or so weeks have been a real ordeal. Finding a substitute for this in my case is not as easy as exchanging my treadmill for a walk through the neighborhood. Were it not for the friendly folks at my physical therapy center, I would be in big trouble physically (and probably mentally)
On the other hand, my designated hunter/gatherer husband reports that all the stores selling any form of food are amply supplied with products produced by Frito-Lay and their ilk. So,I have decided that my task will support exercise and oppose all items that constitute Junk Food

This is a two book task. The total number of pages in the two books should exceed 600 pages (at least 601), and no book which has a main page genre of Children or kid’s may be used for either book.

Book 1. Read a book, the title/subtitle of which must contain the word EXERCISE (exactly, no variations) OR have a word in the title or subtitle that can be made using only the letters in EXERCISE. The word must contain at least 3 letters. Letters can be used only as often as they appear in EXERCISE.

Book 2. Read a book, the author of which must be the sole author of the book and must NOT have any of the letters in JUNKFOOD in his/her name.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3527 comments This is reserved for me.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3527 comments And Guess What? This one is mine also

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4927 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments Just triple checking that I didn't miss anything because I think this is the only author I have on my tbr that fits option 2:

Leah Stewart

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3527 comments Yes that works, No J U N K F O or D

message 7: by ♞ Pat (new)

♞ Pat Gent | 688 comments Greg Iles is another one.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments I found another author Beatriz Williams

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dennis | 88 comments Book 1. was looking at the book "the Wicked will RISE" as "rise" letters are in the word exercise. does this work?

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3527 comments Jamie wrote: "Book 1. was looking at the book "the Wicked will RISE" as "rise" letters are in the word exercise. does this work?"

Yes it does,
Andy