Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Recommend books.

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Hi, I need some book recommendations.Do you know any clean YA books with a solid plot?

message 2: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments I could do with some sci-fi thrillers as well..

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 321 comments I don't have any thrillers for you but I enjoy sci-fi and I prefer them clean myself. :-)

I enjoyed the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi

I enjoyed Dissonance and Resonance by Erica O'Rourke. Dissonance (Dissonance, #1) by Erica O'Rourke

I also enjoyed Disruption and Corruption by Jessica Shirvington. Disruption (Disruption, #1) by Jessica Shirvington

If you like a bit of fantasy with great world building, try Akrad's Children by Jeanette O'Hagan. Akrad's Children by Jeanette O'Hagan

And while Adam David Collings' series isn't YA, it's cool science fiction. Earth's Remnant (Jewel of The Stars - Season 1 #1) by Adam David Collings

You can also try my books, if you like. The Heir (Verindon #1) is the first book in my trilogy. The Heir (Verindon, #1) by Lynne Stringer

My latest book is also science fiction. The Verindon Alliance has just been released. :-) The Verindon Alliance by Lynne Stringer

message 4: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments They all seem interesting, thank you so much!

message 5: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Anyone knows any books having historical or mythological fiction...

message 6: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Y'all can recommend books having Interdimensional travel too

message 7: by Jiya J (new)

Jiya J Herondale | 47 comments Sophrosyne wrote: "Anyone knows any books having historical or mythological fiction..."
mythological fiction-
you could always go for reading any one of rick riordans books else try the shadowhunter chronicles
thrillers-
one of us is lying or illuminae

message 8: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments I've already devoured all Riordan works!The others sound good

message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brooketinyriot) Sophrosyne wrote: "Hi, I need some book recommendations.Do you know any clean YA books with a solid plot?"Hi - actually our new book: THE LAST BOOKSTORE just went up on AMAZON (Paperback & Kindle) Much like Goonies/Stand By Me meets Mad Max. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/099...
ABOUT: With the tone from Stranger Things and Goonies along with the heroic journey from Stand By Me, with a little bit of Mad Max thrown in, “The Last Bookstore” is a page turning adventure based on the award-winning screenplay from Brooke Purdy and Colette Freedman. “No… it wasn’t zombies.” In a post-apocalyptic world, a devastating electromagnetic pulse has wiped out the global power grid. The remaining survivors have split into various factions of a new society. The Landers - farmers who live in the outskirts of the city, Underfolk - a rumored group of cannibals who live in the tunnels beneath the city and Blighters - a diseased, barbaric gang who control the old cities and are led by Xander, a soulless psychopath. When Lander kids Jack (14) and his little sister Beckett discover that their mother Avery is dying of the Bleeds - a seemingly incurable new virus, they learn that only one thing can save her… Information. The only place they could possibly find what they need is within a fabled abandoned bookstore, rumored to be in dangerous Blighter territory. Against all odds, the kids sneak out with their friends and set out to find the book in order to save their mother and their dying community.When the technological age has brought humanity to its brink, it is, ultimately five kids, their love and a book that can save mankind.

message 10: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brooketinyriot) Sophrosyne wrote: "I could do with some sci-fi thrillers as well.." Hi - actually our new book: THE LAST BOOKSTORE just went up on AMAZON (Paperback & Kindle) Much like Goonies/Stand By Me meets Mad Max. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/099...
ABOUT: With the tone from Stranger Things and Goonies along with the heroic journey from Stand By Me, with a little bit of Mad Max thrown in, “The Last Bookstore” is a page turning adventure based on the award-winning screenplay from Brooke Purdy and Colette Freedman. “No… it wasn’t zombies.” In a post-apocalyptic world, a devastating electromagnetic pulse has wiped out the global power grid. The remaining survivors have split into various factions of a new society. The Landers - farmers who live in the outskirts of the city, Underfolk - a rumored group of cannibals who live in the tunnels beneath the city and Blighters - a diseased, barbaric gang who control the old cities and are led by Xander, a soulless psychopath. When Lander kids Jack (14) and his little sister Beckett discover that their mother Avery is dying of the Bleeds - a seemingly incurable new virus, they learn that only one thing can save her… Information. The only place they could possibly find what they need is within a fabled abandoned bookstore, rumored to be in dangerous Blighter territory. Against all odds, the kids sneak out with their friends and set out to find the book in order to save their mother and their dying community.When the technological age has brought humanity to its brink, it is, ultimately five kids, their love and a book that can save mankind.

message 11: by Sienna (new)

Sienna Croad (siennacroad) | 5 comments Anyone have any book recs for someone who loves all of Sarah J Maas and Leigh Bardugo?

message 12: by Millie (last edited May 18, 2020 12:46AM) (new)

Millie | 30 comments Sienna wrote: "Anyone have any book recs for someone who loves all of Sarah J Maas and Leigh Bardugo?"

Children of blood and bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
The darkest minds by Alexandra Bracken
The knife of never letting go by Patrick Ness

message 13: by Zece (new)

Zece For historical fiction, even though I wasn’t that interested in the genre, The Nightingale was AMAZING.

message 14: by Millie (new)

Millie | 30 comments Divergent by Veronica Roth

you said Sarah J Maas have you read Throne of Glass

message 15: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Tell me though,is TDA better than TMI by Cassandra Clare? Should I pick it up?

message 16: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 79 comments Sophrosyne wrote: "Tell me though,is TDA better than TMI by Cassandra Clare? Should I pick it up?"

I think TDA was great! I would say that it's better than TMI, but I love all her books hahah. But have you picked up TID? They are soooo good!

message 17: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Does anyone have recommendations for someone who liked Shades of magic by V.E.Shwab

message 18: by Sienna (new)

Sienna Croad (siennacroad) | 5 comments Millie wrote: "Divergent by Veronica Roth

you said Sarah J Maas have you read Throne of Glass"

Yup I have read Throne of Glass and ACOTAR, just about to read Crescent City too :)

message 19: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Looking for a series with strong characters,a solid plot and minimal or no romance .Recommendations?

message 20: by Rachel Adiyah (last edited May 25, 2020 03:06PM) (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 27 comments Sophrosyne wrote: "Y'all can recommend books having Interdimensional travel too"

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch is one not to miss; an exploration about what it really means to travel between alternate realities.

Resonance by Chris Dolley is a bang up smash up book about interdimensional travel that will leave you wishing there was a sequel.

Fair Coin and Quantum Coin by E.C. Myers are YA novels about a boy who gains the ability to travel to alternate universes. I loved 'em.

The Walls of the Universe by Paul Melko is about a boy who becomes a man when given the ability to travel to alternate universes but cannot go back to his own.

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray is a YA novel about a girl who gains the ability to travel between alternate universes.

Mirrored Time by J.D. Faulkner is about a young woman who learns that she has the ability to travel in time and between timelines.

Paths to Otherwhere by J.P. Hogan is about a group of scientists who give themselves the ability to travel between realities.

The Inifinity of You & Me by J.Q. Coyle is a YA book about a girl who has the innate ability to travel between timelines.

Marked by Andrew S. Swann is about a female detective who learns that she comes from a long line of interdimensional travelers.

Here, There and Everywhere by Chris Roberson is about a young female genius who is given a device to travel in time and between realities and in space, and for everyone who loves the Beatles.

The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch is a book about a female NCIS agent with special clearance to equipment allowing her to travel between time and timelines. Mind-bending and awesome.

Finity by John Barnes is about a man who uses ordinary technology to travel between realities with his friends.

I love this kind of novel myself and it's take me years to find these books and put them on my Read list. I hope you can find at least some of them and have a great time reading.

message 21: by carli :) (new)

carli :) (carlireadsss) | 21 comments I love the Throne of Glass series with my whole heart. I also really like Wintersong, Little Women, The Cruel Prince, The Looking Glass wars and Salt to the Sea.

message 22: by layla (new)

layla The best book everrrrr is literally Storm and Silence it's kind of a romance/adventure and honestly i am in love with the entire series and could read it again and again. It's on Wattpad for free but if you prefer having the actual book you can get it from amazon although its a bit more expensive than most books. Everyone i know who's read it has fallen in love with the characters it's got a great plot and i would definitely recommend hope that helps, enjoy!