Math Reading Challenge discussion

General > Finished!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (last edited May 16, 2020 12:47AM) (new)

Colin | 30 comments Hooray! I have got through a dozen books in four and a half months, some of which I was looking for an excuse to read, some of which I’d never have thought to read without the prompt. I also, somehow, have a bigger “to read” pile than I had to begin with.

So now what? Part of me wants to go around again! Part of me just wants to read things without trying to fit them into categories. Maybe I’ll just hold off on challenges until next year.

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Lamb (evelynjlamb) | 61 comments Mod
Colin wrote: "Hooray! I have got through a dozen books in four and a half months, some of which I was looking for an excuse to read, some of which I’d never have thought to read without the prompt. I also, someh..." You get a gold star! I'm on my 5th right now, a 750-page biography of Alan Turing that was originally published the year I was born. I've been meaning to read it for a while, and I'm glad this challenge finally got me to open it because it's really good. I'll probably use it for the year I was born prompt, but I feel like I deserve to get credit for both prompts if it's that long! I might look through your list for inspiration on a few of the other prompts. :)

message 3: by Colin (new)

Colin | 30 comments I think I was a bit fortunate that I happened to pick (generally) short books (except for Farmelo).

My strategy for the remainder of the year: go through the books in my 'unread' pile and take credit for any that happen to fit a prompt.