Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Mistakes made manually editing a book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanabra) | 3 comments I have just manually added a book. I made a few mistakes and did not add a cover.If I give you the right information here, can you fix it? And can I add the cover afterward?

The Courtroom Coroner (The Fenway Stevenson Mysteries #5) Paul Austin Ardoin ISBN 978-1-949082-15-9 Copyright 2020 English

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26088 comments I see the kindle edition & paperback edition on amazon, is there a separate ebook edition as well?

message 3: by Sandra (last edited May 15, 2020 11:49PM) (new)

Sandra | 26088 comments Added the paperback edition.

ETA: Also added all the missing books to the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26088 comments I've added the kindle edition as I see he does do an ebook & a kindle edition.

Susan, would you like to add the details for the ebook here & I or another librarian will fix it?

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanabra) | 3 comments I'm pretty sure it is the Kindle edition. I get quite a few of my ebooks through Bookfunnel, where I can decide whether I want to download to an eReader that reads epubs or a mobi version that I send to my Kindle app, where it ends up in my Docs section. Anyway, when I searched, I couldn't find The Courtroom Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries #5) Paul Austin Ardoin at all.
If you've added the missing books in the series, it should be searchable.
The mistakes I made look like this:

The Courtroom Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries #6 Paul Austin Ardoin
That book doesn't exist. The other mistake was that I didn't put a cover on it. This is my first time doing this, ever, so I fumbled around a bit. If you will remove the botched entry, I will search and see if there is an edition I can use.
Thank you for answering so promptly and thoroughly!

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanabra) | 3 comments It was there. No cover, but I added it to my Read shelf anyway. Thank you. Now I can review! 👍

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26088 comments Yes, I linked it above in msg #3.