What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance where a women is forced to marry a men with a secret daughter, and just wants to breed flowers, and goes to discover a new breed than she names after her step daughter

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by yashvi (last edited May 15, 2020 11:11PM) (new)

yashvi | 1 comments Hello!
Normally when I can't think of a book title, I can think of enough proper nouns related to it to eventually get there. But for the life of me, I can't seem to for this novel.

Basic Plot: While the Hero is away ( fighting a war, perhaps in spain/france) the Heroine's father buys all his horses, and agrees to give them all back only if he marries his eldest daughter, who is considered strange for the era. She just wants to chill in her greenhouse and breed flowers. They get married. Neither one is all that happy. the Heroine learns that she now has a step daughter who is maybe 5 years old, and can't really seem to speak. She teaches her how. Her and the Husband get close. The hero builds her a greenhouse. But when the heroine got married , she only did so because she was planning on running away to Oxford or America to learn and breed flowers. However, eventually they fall in love and is conflicted on what to do. The Hero finds out, gets pissed and kicks her out. Eventually they reconcile.

I read this book 7-10 years ago and I don't think it was new than.

I can remember more of the smaller plot details but not the character names,or the author. Smh

message 2: by Rudi (new)

Rudi | 18 comments I'm pretty sure this is My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Darling Caroline (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Adele Ashworth (other topics)