Play Book Tag discussion

Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
This topic is about Moneyball
Archive: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally & Decades Bingo) Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5067 comments If anyone ever told me that I would love a non-fiction book that is about baseball (a sport I hate) and statistics (I hate math), I would have scoffed and said they were crazy. But as unbelievable as it is, I can't deny that's what happened - I picked up this book because I'd heard good things about it, but really it satisfied two reading challenges. And I just could not put it down until I finished it within the same day. Because of that alone I'm giving this 5 stars, but really this is mind-bogglingly good and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good story about the underdog, which is an interesting psychological study to boot. Yeah, okay, I consider myself a nerd and what else is this but a triumph of the nerds over the jocks? I feel no need to apologize for loving that aspect of it as well.

message 2: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1382 comments I have not read the book, but loved the movie which was a surprise, as I don't like baseball either. :)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I loved this book and the movie is good as well. Lewis is an economics and commodities lesson and uses baseball and the A's as case study. The movie is more about baseball.