Play Book Tag discussion

Roomies
This topic is about Roomies
May 2020: Comedy > (Poll Ballot Tally) Roomies, by Christina Lauren, 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited May 15, 2020 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5582 comments I enjoyed this book a great deal. It messed up my sleep schedule because I just didn't want to stop reading. An employee on a Broadway show develops a crush on an Irish guitarist who plays in a subway station. She thinks he'd be a great addition to her uncle's show. The next step in the plot had me saying "been there, saw that, I know how it ends" but so many people have raved about this author, I kept going. I ended up loving it.

There are only so many plots that work in the romantic comedy genre, so it's hard to find books that seem fresh or authentic. I got bored of the genre years ago, and it's formulaic plots, but it seems like I'm coming back at a good time. This writing pair seems to have found a way to bring new life into a predictable story, with great characters, settings and dialogue, and a hundred creative details. Thank you to people who raved about this author (pair). Working with other people can increase creativity (and writing is lonely), so maybe more authors should consider it.

message 2: by David (new)

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Nice review

annapi | 5069 comments Nancy, aren't you going to use this for Poll Ballot?

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5582 comments Yep, it’s posted. Thanks.

message 5: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Lots of Christina Lauren around PBT lately!