Dumbledore's *Reading* Army discussion

Finished Buddy Reads > Lucy, Kacie, Elena - Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lucy Tonks (new)

Lucy Tonks | 636 comments Mod

message 2: by Lucy Tonks (new)

hey girls! did you started reading eragon? i didn't really had time to this weekend but i'll try to start it today

message 3: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I haven't started yet. I'm gonna finish the book I'm reading today and then start eragon hopefully today, tomorrow at the latest.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I’ll start today! Hopefully finish by next week since I’m going to binge read A Ballad if Songbirds and Snakes.

message 5: by Lucy Tonks (new)

i still need to finish mockingjay in order to read ballad of somgbirds and snakes :/ so i think that book will be on my june tbr

message 6: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I haven't read the second and third books for a long time so I'll probably re-read those before reading the prequel. maybe not. maybe I'll just read it lol

message 7: by Lucy Tonks (new)

and i kinda want to finish eragon by next week too since i have 3 book packages that should arrive in the next week/two weeks

message 8: by Kacie (new)

Kacie yeah I wanna finish it soon too. I've also got books coming

message 9: by Kacie (new)

Kacie ok I'm gonna start eragon today. i was in a mini reading slump yesterday, hopefully that's not the case today. have you guys started?

message 10: by Lucy Tonks (new)

not yet. yesterday, i didn't really read, instead i watched age of ultron and civil war with my father, no regrets tho. and today, where i live is already 7 pm and i didn't had time to read since in the morning had online school until 3 and then i had some extra english lessons until 5 and after that i had to do my homework for tomorrow :( and i think i'll start it in the next hour or so

message 11: by Kacie (new)

Kacie ooh civil war was amazing. i haven't watched age of ultron tho. wow 7? it's only 10 am here lol.

message 12: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah, well, i live in the eastern side of europe

message 13: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I wanna go to Europe so baaaadd!!!!!! I live in the southwest side of the U.S.

message 14: by Lucy Tonks (new)

i wanna visit the us really bad too! there are many beautifull places in europe, especially greece and italy (i don't live there but i went on vacation there on numerous occasions). ohh and also budapest, i went there on holiday a couple of years back since it's kinda close to where i live and i had such a great time!!

message 15: by Kacie (new)

Kacie you're so lucky. I wanna go to Italy and France and EVERYWHERE!! I guess I have been to some pretty cool places in the US tho. but i live in a desert. not so much fun here lol

message 16: by Lucy Tonks (new)

i live in the capital, but i always wished i lived somewhere near a beach (not in my country tho, i don't like the seaside here). also if you ever get to visit belgium, try their waffles, they're amazing!

message 17: by Lucy Tonks (new)

and there are so many places that i wish i could visit and are in the us, like i really want to visit florida and nyc, those are my top 2 palces i want to go there, but if i ever get to go to the us, i would most likely go to texas since have some relatives who leave there

message 18: by Kacie (new)

Kacie yes I want to go to Belgium so bad and eat waffles their:p

I've been to NYC it was pretty cool. i haven't been to texas or Florida tho. i love the eastern us. it's my favorite!! it was so fun visiting there. there's some really beautiful national parks in the us, especially Glacier National Park and Yellowstone.

message 19: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah, i really want to visit them

also i just read the first chapter (or is a prologue?) of eragon and the only thing i can say is that i cannot believe he wrote this when he was 15!

message 20: by Kacie (new)

Kacie he did?? I'm gonna go read it rn.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Omg I wish I could go to Europe it sounds and looks so magical🥺. And yeah, why did I think Eragon was a dragon?? Lmao

message 22: by Kacie (new)

Kacie Ikr? I thought that too because literally there's a dragon on the cover and it says Eragon which is close to "Dragon" lol.

message 23: by Lucy Tonks (new)

i actually saw the movie 5 years ago maybe and the only thing that i actually remember was that the boy was called eragon and not the dragon. i am happy that i remembered this before starting reading

message 24: by Kacie (new)

Kacie There's a movie too?? Wow. I don't know like anything about this book lol. The only thing I know is that my dad and librarian aunt rated it 4 stars😂

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Huh. I had no idea there was a movie!

message 26: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah, there is a movie. but the reviews are not the best and i saw many people online saying that it was nothing like the book

message 27: by Lucy Tonks (new)

hey! where are you in the book?

message 28: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I'm on page 48. I didn't read very much yesterday. I kept getting distracted lol. where are you?

message 29: by Lucy Tonks (new)

chapter 3 i think. i have another book that i'm currently reading (king of fools) and it's more of a priority for me to finish that one

message 30: by Kacie (new)

Kacie does your copy have chapter numbers?

message 31: by Lucy Tonks (new)

no, only titles. but since it's only the third chapter, i remembered. and my copy is in my native language not english so it's easier for me to say the chapter more than the page. also at the end i have a page which the content and the name of the chapters, i have no idea if the english copies have too

message 32: by Kacie (new)

Kacie ahh ok. wait what's your native language?

message 33: by Lucy Tonks (new)

romanian

message 34: by Kacie (new)

Kacie what no way! that's so cool! I only speak English and a tiny tiny bit of Spanish and even less of Italian. i took those in school for a year each.

message 35: by Lucy Tonks (new)

romanian, even for natives is a difficult language.. at school i obviously have english classes (i have 4 at school and then 2 more extra after), also i am at a turkish school so i have 2 hours of turkish per week (it's actually a pretty easy language) and also i have french lessons at school (but ik next to nothing)

message 36: by Lucy Tonks (new)

also did you know that the actor who plays bucky barnes in captain america, is romanian?

message 37: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I bet it's hard! Turkish would be so cool to learn. my sister speaks really good french. she's been taking it for like 5 years. I really want to be able to another language

message 38: by Kacie (new)

Kacie Oh he's romanian? that's so cool

message 39: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah, sebastian stan lived in romanian until he was nine i think, then he moved. if you watch civil war, there's a scene where they are in bucharest and there he speaks a little bit of romanian (since he's been gone for so long, he doesn't speak romanian as good as he would have, like he doesn't have the accent we have)

message 40: by Kacie (new)

Kacie Oh cool! I think i remember that scene. I'm not sure tho.

message 41: by Kacie (new)

Kacie have you guys read any more of eragon? I'm on page 81, chapter 12. things are getting interesting!

message 42: by Lucy Tonks (new)

no, but i'll probably read more tomorrow since now it's almost 12 am and i need to go to sleep if i want to be functional tomorrow at school lol

message 43: by Kacie (new)

Kacie yes go to sleep. good idea:p

message 44: by Lucy Tonks (new)

hey guys! where you at in eragon? i still haven't hit the 100 page mark, but i blame this on ninth house, i got it in the mail a few days ago and i picked it up and can't put it down rn, but it's also a slower read so it's taking me more to finish it...

message 45: by Kacie (new)

Kacie hah yeah I've been distracted by other books too lol. I think I'm about a hundred pages in. Are you guys finding it really hard to get into the story?

message 46: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah..

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) yeah I’ve found it super hard to get into.... I’m really busy with LM, ABOSAS, QoN, EOS....

message 48: by Lucy Tonks (new)

hey! are you guys signing up or did you sign up for the june readathon?

message 49: by Kacie (new)

Kacie I'm not going to do it I don't think. I don't like being restricted to a certain theme lol. I like to read lots of different things. Are you?

message 50: by Lucy Tonks (new)

yeah, i signed up. i actually did before i knew about the theme, but the theme is fantasy and i mostly read fantasy so it's not really a problem for me

« previous 1