Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Add ISBN: BORDERx A Crisis In Graphic Detail

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mauricio (new)

Mauricio Alberto | 3 comments Hi, I'm not sure if this can be unified, but on the page for the digital version the redirects only work for Amazon because it is a kindle exclusive book for the time being.
Could you please link the ISBN 978-1087880297 to the title in the -Get A Copy >Stores button on the ebook version.
I noticed most of the stores and worldcat library listing refer to Amazon's ASIN number and not the ISBN, ASIN is only for the digital version and ISBN is only for the print version and as it's a comic collection there is no Audible version.
IndieBound seems to be the only link that works aside from Amazon.
Barnes & Noble generates an error message- https://www.goodreads.com/book_link/f...
All the rest show no results.
It seems to be working fine for the print edition aside from the ebook only vendors, but that's not really an issue for me.
Thanks!
Mauricio

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42062 comments Mod
Book links to other sites are customized on a per-user basis (each user chooses theirs), not a per-book basis.

message 3: by Mauricio (new)

Mauricio Alberto | 3 comments Rivka, the link on Goodreads points to the ASIN on sites that do not use Amazon's internal book numbering system.
I cannot offer the ebook on other platforms as part of KDP select terms, so no other version exists at this time. I will revisit the option in 3 months when the agreement expires.
If possible, I'd like the redirect point to an item that is available rather than to a dead link for a product that does not exist on other vendor's sites.
In other words, the ebook should ONLY point to the ASIN on Amazon, and other links should point to the ISBN which is available through most retailers.
Thanks!

message 4: by Emily (last edited May 15, 2020 05:45PM) (new)

Emily | 13206 comments I'd like the redirect point to an item that is available rather than to a dead link for a product that does not exist on other vendor's sites. In other words, the ebook should ONLY point to the ASIN on Amazon, and other links should point to the ISBN which is available through most retailers."

The user has to be on the specific edition they want first.
Clicking "Barnes and Noble" from the Kindle edition will not come up with anything as you saw. You have to click from the paperback edition.