Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2020 > 20.3 Middle East

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5995 comments Read a book written by an author born in OR set at least 75% in one of these Middle Eastern countries.

Please post questions and/or comments about task 20.3 in this thread.

message 2: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2355 comments ok..... I thought the Summer season might be a good opportunity to finally read the whole Bible. Would that work here or does it have to be a particular country?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11853 comments Ed wrote: "ok..... I thought the Summer season might be a good opportunity to finally read the whole Bible. Would that work here or does it have to be a particular country?"

That will work for this task.

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2355 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Ed wrote: "ok..... I thought the Summer season might be a good opportunity to finally read the whole Bible. Would that work here or does it have to be a particular country?"

That will work for thi..."

thanks

message 5: by Anika (new)

Anika | 1830 comments I started reading The Map of Salt and Stars for 30.1 as I was under the impression it was mostly set in Syria. I’m 2/3 done and it’s clear that’s not the case. It IS set +75% in the Middle East, but in *several* countries (Syria, Jordan, Egypt, and Libya so far, but have a feeling their travels will take them elsewhere). The wording of the task is “set at least 75% in one of [the listed] Middle Eastern countries.” Will this work since it’s not restricted to +75% in one country?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11853 comments Yes, that will work Anika. We might have worded the task better to make sure the book is set at least 75% in the region.

message 7: by Anika (new)

Anika | 1830 comments Thank you! I had guessed that was the intent behind the task, but just wanted to verify :-)