Business, Entrepreneurship and Success discussion

Entrepreneurship Books > Your favorite books on entrepreneurship

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (new)

Rick Guardia (rickdlg) | 32 comments Mod
What are your favorite books on entrepreneurship and why?

message 2: by Rick (new)

My two favorite books on entrepreneurship are Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill (great theory on where thoughts and ideas come from) and Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki (great philosophical concepts on the mindset of an entrepreneur) What are you favorites and why?

message 3: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 3 comments Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman isn't Entrepreneurial per se, but for me is a must-read. Everyone should understand the brain's biases and how to deal with it

message 4: by Rick (last edited May 20, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Rafael wrote: "Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman isn't Entrepreneurial per se, but for me is a must-read. Everyone should understand the brain's biases and how to deal with it"

Sounds interesting, I think i will give it a read. I am fascinated by books on the human mind. Have you read "The Mind of God" by Paul Davies?

message 5: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 3 comments Never read it, what it is about?

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rafael wrote: "Never read it, what it is about?"

He is a theoretical physicist. It''s about the "meaning of life" from a scientific perspective (creation of the universe) but a few chapters talk about where thoughts and ideas come from (instrumental for all entrepreneurs) and he references some of the greatest minds saying that ideas "just came to them" so he postulates on a universal energy and how we are all connected. Really cool.

message 7: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 3 comments That sounds nice, I'll add to my reading list

message 8: by Rick (new)

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich

Has anyone read The 4 Hour Work week and, if so, it is a valuable read and why?

message 9: by Rick (new)

Influence Negotiate Win: The Only Negotiation Book You Will Ever Need When Negotiating For Success

Abhishek Datta

Group Members, the author of the above book is a member of our group. Feel free to ask him any questions you may have on the book or the topic.

Rick

message 10: by Douglass (last edited Jun 20, 2020 06:27PM) (new)

Douglass Gaking | 6 comments Shoe Dog A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE by Phil Knight by Phil Knight Phil Knight

Shoe Dog by Phil Knight is probably my favorite entrepreneurship book. He covers his startup of Nike, Inc. (originally Blue Ribbon) from the mid-1960s until the IPO. It is as good of a memoir as it is a business book.

message 11: by Douglass (new)

Douglass Gaking | 6 comments The Young Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting and Running a Business Turn Your Ideas into Money! by Steve Mariotti by Steve Mariotti Steve Mariotti

The Young Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting and Running a Business is what I use with my high school entrepreneurship class. It is not a traditional textbook–I actually found it at Barnes & Noble, and the ebook edition is easy to find. It's a nice one-size-fits-all intro book, great for individuals who are thinking about starting a business and don't know where to begin. The author has a great voice that makes it a smooth read. It's easy to understand. There are few things I disagree with, like a redundant 5th 'P' in marketing mix, but it's mostly a great resource for beginners.

message 12: by Rick (new)

Douglass wrote: "The Young Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting and Running a Business Turn Your Ideas into Money! by Steve Mariotti by Steve MariottiSteve Mariotti

The Young E..."

Doug, I would love to learn more about your class. If i can ever be of any help, please feel free to reach out.

Rick

message 13: by Rolin (new)

Rolin | 1 comments I recently read, “Good to Great- Why some companies make the leap and other’s don’t”, by Jim Collins.

It is a good read and doesn’t just throw around phrases and claim they are facts. The book basically has condensed the common experiences and traits of executives who managed to grow their companies into corporate giants. My personal takeaways from the book would be on the hedgehog concept and level 5 leadership.

message 14: by Rick (last edited Aug 12, 2020 08:01AM) (new)

Rolin, great minds think alike. Our moderator, Douglas, had already added that book to the group bookshelf as recommended reading.

Rick

message 15: by Rick (last edited Sep 28, 2020 06:42PM) (new)

My new book (TAP into Your Potential), under production, is coming together nicely: it has been through peer review, copy editing and typesetting. Soon to be available on amazon and to all universities world-wide that participate in my publishers' Business Expert Press available library of books. Stay tuned!!