Dumbledore's *Reading* Army discussion

Completed Readathons > Suggestions/Feedback

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 1136 comments Mod
Down here, comment all your suggestions and feedback for this challenge, I would love to hear it!
Also comment when you'd like to have the next readathon challenge, and when you want me to lock the individual team discussions. I'll probably do it this weekend:)

message 2: by Jodie (new)

Jodie I thoroughly enjoyed the readathon.. not only because well readings like my favourite thing but being able to talk to my teamies about the books and spur each other on was so enjoyable.. I'm ready for the next one haha

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I loved this challenge! I would maybe do it every 2-3 months. My suggestions though:
- I think that instead of having the book must be over 50 pages, we could have a specific prompt, like it must be YA fantasy, or must be fantasy in general, etc.
- I think only novels/ poetry books should count. Not picture books or short MG books.
- I think maybe in a similar challenge it’s not based on how many books you read but how many pages.
Those are just some things, but I really liked this challenge!

message 4: by Lucy Tonks (new)

Lucy Tonks | 636 comments Mod
i had a really great time during this readathon (sometimes my anxiety snuck up on me, but that had to do with my competitiveness). i had an amazing time talking with my teammates. i would love to have another one soon (maybe sometime next month) and maybe get to know other people in this group too!

message 5: by Gerardine (new)

Gerardine  Betancourt  (geraldin13) i suggest no picture books and books a bit longer maybe 100 pages

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Gerardine wrote: "i suggest no picture books and books a bit longer maybe 100 pages"

Yes I know a lot of people were leaching off of picture books in the end... I will definitely make that rule that for next time

message 7: by Tessa (new)

I was also thinking that I'll make it a rule that you're sure you have the time to participate because if you sign up and then decide against it your team has a disadvantage and it's not fair to them

message 8: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Michelle (nicolamichelle) | 101 comments I loved the readathon and really enjoyed it. Loved getting to know my team too. Would definitely be up for another. Could maybe make it a monthly thing? Starting on the 1st of a month and lasting two weeks? Or every other month. Whatever the demand would be :)

I also loved that you did a constantly updating tally of books read which really made it a lot easier to keep on track. You did an amazing job Tessa of managing the challenge !

message 9: by Tessa (new)

Nicola wrote: "I loved the readathon and really enjoyed it. Loved getting to know my team too. Would definitely be up for another. Could maybe make it a monthly thing? Starting on the 1st of a month and lasting t..."

Thank you!

message 10: by Ani (new)

Ani (anic) | 250 comments I loved the readathon as well! I really hope we do another one!! Thanks for this Tessa!

message 11: by Ani (new)

Ani (anic) | 250 comments I'd really be up for doing it again in June! Maybe around the same time as we did this one?

message 12: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) I enjoyed it! And I agree with the other suggestions. Having books at least 100 pages would be better. We can also have a theme each time we do the readathon to make it more fun and challenging :)

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (robynacuff) | 78 comments I had a awesome time doing this as well, and would definitely do it again!!
I totally agree about the whole picture book thing!!

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (bookword_925) | 37 comments The readathon was amazing! Just a suggestion but could you make the teams bigger? This way, even if someone decides to not participate, the whole team wouldn't be affected too much. Overall, really good job!! XD

message 15: by Tessa (new)

Just so everyone knows, I have closed the separate team discussions