The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 15.1 - Moms and Dads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 16, 2020 03:59AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
15.1 - Moms and Dads

Read two books:

Book 1. Read a book by a female author that was first published during your mother's lifetime, but not your own.
Example: my mother was born in 1933 and I was born in 1953, so I would read a book by a female author first published in 1933-1952.

AND

Book 2. Read a book written by a male author, first published during your father's lifetime, but not your own.

You need not state the exact years if you don't want to, but you must state in your post that the book was first published during your mother's/father's lifetime and before you were born.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by TraceyL (new)

TraceyL | 868 comments I just wanted to say that I think this task is a really cool idea!

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15907 comments Mod
TraceyL wrote: "I just wanted to say that I think this task is a really cool idea!"

Thanks!

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Thoughts on if you don't know a parent's birth year/lifetime?

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sally wrote: "Thoughts on if you don't know a parent's birth year/lifetime?"

It doesn't have to be the biological parent - a step-parent, an adoptive parent, a parent figure would work.

message 9: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Sandy wrote: "Sally wrote: "Thoughts on if you don't know a parent's birth year/lifetime?"

It doesn't have to be the biological parent - a step-parent, an adoptive parent, a parent figure would work."

Thanks, Sandy!

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7595 comments wow i'm glad i went back and re-read that because i thought it originally said born between lol!

message 11: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celesteryr) | 371 comments I don't have a father ---adopted or otherwise. Do I just read a book that is before my birth year by a male author that is within a reasonable time frame? Or the same time frame as my mother?

Thank you! :D
CELESTE.

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Celeste wrote: "I don't have a father ---adopted or otherwise. Do I just read a book that is before my birth year by a male author that is within a reasonable time frame? Or the same time frame as my mother?

Tha..."

use your mother's time frame