What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Good Earth (House of Earth, #1)
This topic is about The Good Earth
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction: Ancient China population is starving and a man wants to buy land to grow rice. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Steven | 5 comments I read the original condensed Readers Digest version over a decade ago.The story ends with the starving poor robbing the wealthy class in the city.

message 2: by Becca (last edited May 15, 2020 09:05AM) (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2689 comments Are you sure you mean non-fiction? Non-fiction means fact, e.g. a memoir or a history book. I don't think Reader's Digest publish non-fiction, but they do published condensed novels (fiction).

Hopefully someone here will know the book but if not you could browse through a complete list of Reader's Digest Select Editions (published 1997-present) or Reader's Digest Condensed Books (published 1950-1997) to see if you recognise the title or author's name when you see it.

message 3: by Steven (last edited May 15, 2020 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steven | 5 comments Yes I meant Fiction and thank you very much for the link. I suspected as much. Not only did I find the book, I learned it is part of a trilogy. Excited to read the other stories. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Thanks. Updated topic header with "Fiction."

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Thought it might have been the Good Earth.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Steven, glad you found your book The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Good Earth (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pearl S. Buck (other topics)