What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Romance Murder Mystery between a rich young man returning to a small town and a murder mystery author (female) where they solve a murder together. Read around 2010-2011. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranya (new)

Ranya | 6 comments Romance murder mystery between a rich young man returning to a small town and a murder mystery author (female) where they solve a murder together. There’s a murder that happens in the town and they work together to try and solve it. Specific parts of the plot are in the beginning the main guy drives up in a sports car and enters a breakfast place where the author is. In the middle of a book there’s a bit of dialogue that goes along the lines of “she only likes you because you’re a bank with feet” and “if the shoe fits”. (They have a lot of banter) There’s also a part near the end where the main guy gives the main girl a necklace that was supposed to be given to his future wife and she’s like ‘oh no then I shouldn’t wear it ‘and he says something along the lines of ‘if things go my way it won’t matter”. There’s also a part where the author and a sheriff in the town almost have a thing and the main guy gets jealous. I think the book cover was yellow with like a black silhouette of a man in a fedora, it was a small book and looked kind of old. I think I read it around 2010-2011. It was in English.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 03, 2020 06:26PM) (new)

Kris | 33545 comments Mod
Ranya, why does the rich young man return to his hometown? What family does he have living there?

Who is murdered? Spoilers are okay in the comments - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.

Is this a cozy mystery?

message 3: by Ranya (new)

Ranya | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Ranya, why does the rich young man return to his hometown? What family does he have living there?

Who is murdered? Spoilers are okay in the comments - just give us a clear warning before revealing..."

Spoiler-

I’m not sure if it’s hometown but i think an old rich woman he was associated with was murdered. The old lady was the one referenced in the banter about she only likes you because you’re a bank with feet. I think it could be identified as a cozy mystery

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33545 comments Mod
Is it set in the U.S.? Near a well-known city?

message 5: by Ranya (new)

Ranya | 6 comments I don’t think that was specified in the book, it was kinda short so there wasn’t a lot of world building or background information. It mostly focused on the relationship between the main two characters.

message 6: by Ranya (new)

Ranya | 6 comments Kind of unimportant detail but at the beginning of the book as the main rich guy enters the diner he tosses the keys to a kid asking to see his car and he and the main girl start talking and he sort of pretends to have read her books and later actually does and is kind of amazed at how good her writing is.

message 7: by Ranya (new)

Ranya | 6 comments Bump