What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1)
This topic is about Enforcer
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction, Werewolves, Romance. Climax : Female protagonist is "challenged (to death)". Almost dies herself before she manages to kill him (the challenger) by shooting him with silver bullets. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bella (new) - added it

bella | 4 comments I'm sorry, but my post is going to be a bit verbose.
¯\_ʘ‿ʘ_/¯

Genre : Adult Fiction - Has Warewolves, Romance.

When, Where, How I read the book :
I read the book I'm looking for about 2-4 years ago.
I was reading a lot of warewolf & supernatural books after reading Twilight in 2015.
So, the book I'm looking for is probably not old & published after 2010.
The book was published in English.
I read it on a random online website (that's why I don't possess a tracking history, sorry).

Plot Details :
I don't remember anything significant about the book except for one single climax scene. So, I don't know if description of that scene constitutes as a spoiler. Just to be safe,
SPOILER AHEAD . . .
For reference,
Female protagonist = MC. Male protagonist = ML.

The scene takes place in a setting where all of the "pack" has gathered.
The MC (narrator of this scene) is "challenged (to death)" by someone who I think was the second-in-charge to the alpha. She is at a huge disadvantage, and almost dies herself before she manages to kill him (the challenger).
She is at a disadvantage because she's human, I think.
This challenge is a sham, of sorts. The challenger wants the ML (who is the alpha) out of the pack or something. So, he targets the MC.
I think nobody in the pack respects her. So she doesn't have strong alliances with the pack members.
I think in this book the wolves have strict laws. They cannot tell humans about their existence. The ML obviously tells MC, and that's why they're in this situation.
Nobody can, or tries to interfere in this obviously ridiculous challenge. The ML is restrained, because the punishment for him interfering is probably banishment, or death.
The challenge takes place & she's almost killed. But in the end somehow finds a gun full of silver bullets, which can be lethal to warewolves. She fires at the challenger, kills him, passes out because of her injuries. Everyone is shocked because nobody expected her to win. So later everyone respects her.

Everything in this book felt extremely unfair to me. There was a lot going on, and the MC was always ended up in situations which made me extremely angry & sad. The climax scene broke me completely, and that's why I remember it vividly. She had to struggle so much, even in the end where she should have been able to have support from the ML. But everyone adhered to dumbest fucking rules which they were "helpless" to rebel against.

Why am I looking for this book?
Because this scene keeps looping in my head, and it's been tormenting me for hours now. I will be extremely grateful to anyone who puts me out of my misery. Thank you in advance. ♡

message 2: by bella (new) - added it

bella | 4 comments Bump

message 3: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments Sounds like Enforcer by Lauren Dane. The fight is in chapter 5.

message 4: by bella (last edited Jul 15, 2020 03:03AM) (new) - added it

bella | 4 comments Juels wrote: "Sounds like Enforcer by Lauren Dane. The fight is in chapter 5."

Ah, yes. It is indeed Enforcer by Lauren Dane. Thank you very much, Juels! ❤️

I got A LOT of details wrong, huh. Carter (the challenger) is third in charge. Apparantly almost everyone in the pack likes her & she's not a damsel in distress. And this scene isn't the climax, it's just halfway through the book. Oh and, this book was published in 2006.

I just completely erased this book from my mind because it just made me so so so so angry. I disliked Nina, and her attitude. And I just hated everyone around her, especially Lex. I don't know why but every single scene and "development" in the story made me extremely angry and sad. It might just be because of how Nina narrated the story, every single thing felt wrong and unjust. Whatever. I'm glad I can now forgot about this all over again. :)

message 5: by Juels (last edited Jul 15, 2020 06:28AM) (new)

Juels | 2476 comments You're welcome. I felt the same way about Nina. When she appears in others books in the series, she is annoying and selfish. Maybe Carter should have won and spared us all.

message 6: by bella (new) - added it

bella | 4 comments Juels wrote: "You're welcome. I felt the same way about Nina. When she appears in others books in the series, she is annoying and selfish. Maybe Carter should have won and spared us all."

Haha, I wish that'd have happened!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enforcer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lauren Dane (other topics)