What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Oranges, winter, coins

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmafayedorsey) | 1 comments Ok this is very random. In middle school we read this short story. All I remember is that it takes place during winter time, and I remember oranges, and coins. I remember really loving the story but can’t remember much else. Maybe winter, grocery store, and oranges will jog someone’s memory, though. I would imagine it is read to students a lot in middle school, if it was read at my middle school. Thanks!

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited May 14, 2020 10:56PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments Unfortunately, oranges are a traditional Christmas gift, so there's quite a number of books that have children receiving oranges.

An Orange for Frankie
Becky's Christmas
Farmer Boy

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19064 comments When were you in middle school?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
You posted about this in 2019. I'm going to delete that thread since you hadn't put any plot details into its topic header.

Please, before you create a new post in this group, check to see if you have already posted. On the group's main page, click on "My group comments" or "My group topics."

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Emma, that's a start but you need to add genre (e.g., children's novel or picture book?) and plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.