Play Book Tag discussion

Masked Prey (Lucas Davenport #30)
This topic is about Masked Prey
Archive: Other Books > Masked Prey - John Sandford - 3.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivermagnus (last edited May 15, 2020 06:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2225 comments Lucas Davenport is now a U S Marshall and in this book is called to Washington, DC by a politician he knows. It seems a website has been found which features some right wing articles along with unposed photos of the children of some of the political leaders in Washington. Davenport has been summoned because they want to keep it quiet, but they also want it investigated.

This is book 30 in a long running series that has always been one of my favorites. I really enjoyed that last couple of books transitioning Davenport from a Minnesota investigator to a U. S. Marshall. But this book lacked something for me.

Lately Sandford's books have been too politically themed for my liking. I'm getting a bit tired of the painfully predictable plotlines. I like Bob and Ray but I do miss the police procedural aspects of the earlier books. The last two or three have been almost identical and I'm wondering if Sandford has joined the James Patterson, Stuart Woods, and Clive Cussler club that franchise out their main characters. Lucas is never boring and always a snappy dresser so I give it an extra half star for my nostalgic feelings for the earlier books.

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Great review.