Challenge Corner discussion

26 views
Archives > Q & A

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited May 27, 2020 01:09PM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
If you have any questions about the challenge - please write them here.

Q: I am a bit confused. For example, the garage, there is a task for Car on the Cover. I know for the riddles, you need 3 people to read for those tasks, but what about the tasks that aren't bolded? Are those like normal, and you only need one person per task, or 3 per task (that isn't bolded)
A: Sorry for the confusion. At the beginning of the challenge rules, I stated that 3 people need to read for every task. I then gave examples for a normal task and then a riddle. So yeah, still 3 people per task.

Q: Do we have to complete the kitchen before moving on to the next room? Or all of the tasks open so that we can jump around, and get bonus points if we finish one?
A: So out of the 10 rooms, each team will get their rooms randomized. That being said, you wouldn't necessarily start off in the kitchen. You could be anywhere really. So whatever room you have, you can only do those tasks. However, I will be doing something different this time when it comes to the team's spreadsheet.

The rooms/tabs will be in the order that I spun for that team. I figured it would be easier for all involved to know what room will be next for them after completing one. Plus, you don't have to wait for me to update scores and tell you all either.


Q: Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules.
A: The first day of the challenge is when I will accept riddle answers.

Q: Can we as a team guess early? Like figure them out? Like how does that work? Do we PM you??
A: Yes, you as a team can try to figure them out then on the first day, you can give me your guesses. Just give me the clue and the guess.

Q: Also do we do the clues in order? Like clue one then two?

I think I mean tasks. So for instance our team has bathroom for the first one. Do we have to read for the riddle I'm used most at night but I'm not a flashlight. What am I? first and then move on to BEDROOM in title

Or can we read for any task in bathroom randomly?
A: You can read for any of the tasks within the first room that you have. Remember, you can only do one room at a time. Also the rooms are in the order I spun for each team. So once you are done with room 1, you move to the next tab.


message 2: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm | 1232 comments I am a bit confused. For example, the garage, there is a task for Car on the Cover. I know for the riddles, you need 3 people to read for those tasks, but what about the tasks that aren't bolded? Are those like normal, and you only need one person per task, or 3 per task (that isn't bolded)


message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
BookWorm wrote: "I am a bit confused. For example, the garage, there is a task for Car on the Cover. I know for the riddles, you need 3 people to read for those tasks, but what about the tasks that aren't bolded? A..."

Sorry for the confusion. At the beginning of the challenge rules, I stated that 3 people need to read for every task. I then gave examples for a normal task and then a riddle. So yeh, still 3 people per task.


message 4: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm | 1232 comments Ok, thank you!


message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana | 316 comments Do we have to complete the kitchen before moving on to the next room? Or all of the tasks open so that we can jump around, and get bonus points if we finish one?


message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Diana wrote: "Do we have to complete the kitchen before moving on to the next room? Or all of the tasks open so that we can jump around, and get bonus points if we finish one?"

So out of the 10 rooms, each team will get their rooms randomized. That being said, you wouldn't necessarily start off in the kitchen. You could be anywhere really. So whatever room you have, you can only do those tasks. However, I will be doing something different this time when it comes to the team's spreadsheet.

The rooms/tabs will be in the order that I spun for that team. I figured it would be easier for all involved to know what room will be next for them after completing one. Plus, you don't have to wait for me to update scores and tell you all either.


message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana | 316 comments Alaina wrote: "Diana wrote: "Do we have to complete the kitchen before moving on to the next room? Or all of the tasks open so that we can jump around, and get bonus points if we finish one?"

So out of the 10 ro..."


Thank you!


Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules.


message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules."

The first day of the challenge is when I will accept riddle answers.


message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited May 27, 2020 10:53AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules."

The first day of the challenge is when I will accept riddle answers."


Can we as a team guess early? Like figure them out? Like how does that work? Do we PM you??


message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Also do we do the clues in order? Like clue one then two?


message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Also do we do the clues in order? Like clue one then two?"

What do you mean clues? You can get hints if you can't answer the riddles..


message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Also do we do the clues in order? Like clue one then two?"

What do you mean clues? You can get hints if you can't answer the riddles.."


I think I mean tasks. So for instance our team has bathroom for the first one. Do we have to read for the riddle I'm used most at night but I'm not a flashlight. What am I? first and then move on to BEDROOM in title

Or can we read for any task in bathroom randomly?


message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Also do we do the clues in order? Like clue one then two?"

What do you mean clues? You can get hints if you can't answer the riddles.."

I think I mean task..."


You can read for any of the tasks within the first room that you have. Remember, you can only do one room at a time.


message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments TY!


message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Also the rooms are in the order I spun for each team. So once you are done with room 1, you move to the next tab.


message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules."

The first day of the challenge is when I will accept riddle ..."


Oops just realized I missed this one! Yes, you as a team can try to figure them out then on the first day, you can give me your guesses. Just give me the clue and the guess.


message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Can we guess riddles early or only on day of? I tried to see if it was mentioned in the rules."

The first day of the challenge is w..."


KK. ^_^


message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3503 comments For art on cover, would a cover like Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman work or does it need to have something like a painting on the cover?


message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "For art on cover, would a cover like Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman work or does it need to have something like a painting on the cover?"

Hmm, well since I absolutely love loopholes you do the following:

Art on cover - like a painting or something
A book from the Best Book Cover Art list
Heck, even the word ART on cover would work.


message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3503 comments Alaina wrote: "Kelly wrote: "For art on cover, would a cover like Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman work or does it need to have something like a painting on the cover?"

Hmm, well since I absolutely love loopho..."


Thank you ^^


message 22: by Victorian Vickie (last edited Jun 02, 2020 05:41PM) (new)

Victorian  Vickie (vhartwell) Features written letters - Is this the title is in Script or someone has snail mail letters.


message 23: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Victorian Vickie wrote: "Features written letters - Is this the title is in Script or someone has snail mail letters."

Letters will have to be mentioned in the book. Like a pen pal or maybe a finding a random love letter from a family member. Here is a list to help as well: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...


message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments For the BUBBLE in title - do the letters need to be in order, and does the letter 'b' need to appear three times in the title?


message 25: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "For the BUBBLE in title - do the letters need to be in order, and does the letter 'b' need to appear three times in the title?"

When a task says BUBBLE in title, it means the whole world needs to be in it. Now if it said, the letters B,U,B,B,L,E in title (in any order) then the title would need 3 b's, 1 u, 1 l, and 1 e.


message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna wrote: "For the BUBBLE in title - do the letters need to be in order, and does the letter 'b' need to appear three times in the title?"

When a task says BUBBLE in title, it means the whole wo..."


Ok thank you! Sorry it's been a while since I last participated so wasn't too sure


message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna wrote: "For the BUBBLE in title - do the letters need to be in order, and does the letter 'b' need to appear three times in the title?"

When a task says BUBBLE in title, it mea..."


Not a problem! Happy to help :)


message 28: by Attack Salmon (new)

Attack Salmon "MC wears a suit"

Does a suit jacket counts?


message 29: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Attack Salmon wrote: ""MC wears a suit"

Does a suit jacket counts?"


Yes that will work


message 30: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 2908 comments Does this work for "desk on the cover"

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti


message 31: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Trisha wrote: "Does this work for "desk on the cover"

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti"


Yes, that would work :)


message 32: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 2908 comments Thank you!


message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Would A.A. Chamberlynn count for Author's initials are in SHAMPOO?


message 34: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Would A.A. Chamberlynn count for Author's initials are in SHAMPOO?"

No, because SHAMPOO doesn't have two A's or a C in it.


message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Would A.A. Chamberlynn count for Author's initials are in SHAMPOO?"

No, because SHAMPOO doesn't have two A's or a C in it."


KK. Thank you. I did think that might be an issue. :(


back to top