The Well-Read Society discussion

A Woman Is No Man
This topic is about A Woman Is No Man
MAY 2020 - A Woman Is No Man > DISCUSSION - A WOMAN IS NO MAN : Part I

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sunny, Founder & Host (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sunny Maria (sunnynacia) | 12 comments Mod
This is the discussion post for those who have read and finished PART ONE of the book. If you haven’t yet, please know that the questions and comments will contain spoilers. If you have read further than PART I, you are free to participate as long as you don’t spoil anything from the rest of the book !
You are also free to reply to other people, interact, agree or disagree as long as you keep it respectful (no hate speech or aggressiveness will be tolerated).

Keeping all of this in mind, here are the questions !!! We hope you can have a lively discussion (the questions will also be up on Goodreads if you want to post a longer answer on there) :

- Who do you think the woman from the bookstore is ? (don’t reply to this one if you’ve read the next chapters and already know the answer)

- Who is your favourite character so far ?

- Which direction do you think the story will take from now on ? (don’t reply to this one if you’ve read the next chapters and already know the answer)

- Any quote or passage from PART I that struck you particularly ?

message 2: by Michele (new) - added it

Michele Pugh | 3 comments Deya is my favorite, probably because I relate to her the most - her fierce independence, her love of reading and learning, how she pushes her grandparents' buttons

Fareeda is certainly not my favorite, but I find her to be the most fascinating. I hope we learn more of her backstory because I am curious to know how she ended up where she is today

Emma Grace (emmyloohoo2) | 2 comments Just finished part 1. I kind of think the woman at the store may be Sarah!

My favorite character is definitely Deya. If I were a subject, I would be art as well. It’s easy to like a character who’s relatable for me.

Justine (justinemetrak) | 2 comments I’ve already left my comment on instagram answering the questions but I absolutely agree with Michele! I really hope to get to know more about Fareeda’s backstory.