What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Old Children's/ Love story: Frog falls in love with female frog in middle of pond

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Romano | 7 comments PLEASE, DEAR BOOK ANGELS, HELP ME.

I've used every search avenue available to me, with every combination I could muster. This has been going on for years and I give up.

So, I was born in 1994 and live in Australia (if that's any help. Probably not). The book was at my grandmothers house and lost about seven years ago. It was not an A4 sized book. I remember it being square and had a hard cover (as kids books do)

THE COVER: The most poignant memory I have of it.
- Cool toned illustrations. No harsh/thick black lines.
- Cover had geometric purple/blue frame (I think)
- Detailed a male frog (protagonist)
- Also, and most importantly, there is a female frog who is a statue holding an umbrella in the middle of the pond.

It's hazy, but I'm fairly sure he sets eyes on her and begins trying to get her attention from across the way.

If you can find this, I will be forever indebted to you.

Warm regards,
Alessandra.

message 3: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Romano | 7 comments unfortunately no, it has a female frog holding an umbrella in the middle of a pond. She's a garden-pond statue.. :(

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16898 comments Was it a picture book?

message 5: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Romano | 7 comments Yes, it was a little square one. The female frog was a green statue

message 7: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Romano | 7 comments Unfortunately no. It didn't have any humans involved