A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Heroines > Mare Barrow

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
Love her so much

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I only read Red Queen but Mare was okay for me. She had depth and she was interesting, but she felt a little bland at times and she contradicted herself a lot from what I remember.

message 3: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
I think the one crucial thing about Mare that was special was the fact that she definitely wasn't perfect. She had flaws, and at times was quite twisted and evil. But she's still a heroine to me

message 4: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments I agree- that's why I like her. She's not my favorite heroine, but I like how she's extremely flawed.
But what I hate is that she's superrr overdramatic at times which can get annoying.

message 5: by haniah。*゚+ (new)

haniah。*゚+ (azure_dust) I don't remember anything interesting about her, she is a bit bland, and having no defining traits made her really forgettable. I liked Red Queen because if the plot, tbh

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved how she was extremely flawed and layered, but she still came out as a heroine. She wasn't the big flashy I-save-the-day type of hero (although she does wind up saving the day a few times) and she fell and had a lot of weaknesses. She was more relatable that way because she wasn't so perfect.

message 7: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments Agreed. She definitely wasn't a static character, to say the least. I love how she grew over time very drastically, which isn't something you can say about a lot of protagonists.

message 8: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments I completely agree with you on that one; lol. While I do really like Mare, I did feel like Farley was the female character MVP in that series.
Mare did seem a bit bland, but I can live with that- not every heroine is an Aelin, ya know?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Mare as a person. She's strong and powerful. I did not like the Red Queen series as a whole.

message 10: by Nara (new)

Nara | 167 comments She's so badass!! Shes a rlly nice and strong character, but I have to admit not all of the books in the series were... my favourite..... but I still love Mare!!

A place called Bookland (rayannenova) | 1 comments YESSSSS MAREEEEEEE

ilhsm shes a goddessssssss

Bone Marrow...it always reminds me of that XDXDXDXD