GROW - Guaranteed Rate Organization of Women discussion

Summer Reading Recs

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kohut (sarahkkohut) | 9 comments With summer barreling toward us I’ve started thinking about lighter reading. These are some that made me laugh or were just flat out fun: American Housewife by Helen Ellis (short stories) The Islanders by Meg Mitchell Moore, The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten - essays about food but the man made me laugh out loud late at night in the bathtub so..., anything ever written by David Sedaris except Theft by Finding (dark) - best on Audible because his tone is everything (essays), Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (the 80’s references are amazing), A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch (and the entire series) - Victorian mysteries, Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters is the first in a fantastic and extensive mystery series with a dash of 19th century romance and Egyptian archeology, her Vicky Bliss series is similarly fun. I could go on and on (all Jennifer Weiner) but I’ll stop here. What are some of your favorite beach reads?

message 2: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann Theriault-Fazio  | 14 comments Mod
Thanks for all of the great suggestions, Sarah!

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry | 4 comments The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda & In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner are great summer reads! Memoir of a Geisha is another good one - saw the movie a while back and really enjoyed reading the book.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kohut (sarahkkohut) | 9 comments Fantastic suggestions!