What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Romance. Young adult female and priest (late 30s/early 40s) falling in love. She lives with parents in very religious community, next door to priest. Midwest?, contemporary.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 💙 (last edited May 13, 2020 10:01PM) (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments I’m looking for a book I read maybe a year/year and a half ago. I know I’m not supposed to add spoilers in this comment section, so I’m going to try my best to describe this book without saying too much.
The h is a young girl (at least 18 years old) who lives with her parents in a religious community (everyone in their community goes to church and all live very religiously) and she is a very “innocent” girl. The H is in his late 30s maybe early 40s and is the priest (or possibly a preacher) of their community and church. They also live next door to each other.
I want to say this takes place Midwest in the United States; possibly in Missouri or Iowa. The book is based modern day (2000s).

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Spoilers are ok in the comments, just not in the header.

Were the characters Catholic?

Is this book meant for teens or adults?

message 3: by 💙 (last edited May 13, 2020 10:17PM) (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Spoilers are ok in the comments, just not in the header.

Were the characters Catholic?

Is this book meant for teens or adults?"

Ahh! Thank you for letting me know! This book is an adult book; there is a sex scene (possibly more than one, I can’t remember though), the h also lays on her bed in her bedroom and fantasizes about the H, he has feelings for her too and can’t seem to stay away from her. She watches him through their kitchen window, which faces his home, when he leaves or comes home.
There is also a part in the book where he takes her to a bar near their community to buy her a drink (it may be her birthday or just a celebration for something), but she doesn’t like the alcohol I believe and gets drunk off of one drink lol.
Also, this book is dual POV

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Was it a physical book or an e-book?

message 5: by 💙 (last edited May 14, 2020 10:09AM) (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was it a physical book or an e-book?"

I read the e-book, so I’m not sure if it’s also a paperback

message 6: by 💙 (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Bump

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Mercy?

Secret Vow?

We should also update the header to read adult fiction.

message 8: by 💙 (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Mercy?

Secret Vow?

We should also update the header to read adult fiction."

Sadly, neither of them books 🥺😔
Thank you so much though!
The h is a virgin

message 9: by 💙 (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Mercy?

Secret Vow?

We should also update the header to read adult fiction."

I believe I updated the header right. If I did it wrong, I apologize

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments The header looks good!

I'll try to see what else I can find. Was the priest also a virgin?

message 11: by 💙 (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The header looks good!

I'll try to see what else I can find. Was the priest also a virgin?"

Thank you!
And no, he was not a virgin. He had an “outside” life before joining the religious community

message 12: by Gabbie (new)

Gabbie (gabbiemarie) Is it Sue Monk Kid's "The Mermaid Chair" please? :)
I read it years ago and vaguely remember a woman falling in love and having sexual fantasies (and possibly and affair) with a monk who lives nearby.
It was written, and set, in the 2000s.

I'm sorry I can't remember enough about the book to know if it similar to yours.

message 13: by 💙 (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Gabbie wrote: "Is it Sue Monk Kid's "The Mermaid Chair" please? :)
I read it years ago and vaguely remember a woman falling in love and having sexual fantasies (and possibly and affair) with a monk who lives nea..."

Sadly, that isn’t it either. But that does sound like a good book, I’ll have to check it out lol

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35138 comments Mod
I added the genre "romance" and some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.

message 15: by 💙 (last edited Jun 19, 2020 09:46PM) (new)

💙 Sherry💙 (mzsavagebunny) | 21 comments Kris wrote: "I added the genre "romance" and some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the hea..."

Thank you so much! Hopefully that helps