What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Woods Out Back (Spearwielder's Tale, #1)
This topic is about The Woods Out Back
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy, Adult: Book is about a man who sees a leprechaun outside his backyard. He chases the leprechaun and ends up in a mystic world. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments I started to read this book in March of 1988. I bought it in the UK then. I think the word "Beyond" or "over the" were in the title.

Thanks for your help

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5074 comments Was this for adults?

message 3: by Rosa (new)

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments Thanks Rosa but that’s not it.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5074 comments Was it for adults? Do you remember anything else about plot, characters, setting, cover?

message 6: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments It was for adults. I think the cover had a garden with a gate at the end. The protagonist chases the leprechaun down a hole which leads to their world. That’s all I can remember. Sorry.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34317 comments Mod
Thanks. I added "Adult" to the topic header. This will help narrow down the search.

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments Thank you.

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby | 23 comments I mean, it sounds like the 1999 Randy Quaid movie "The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns." When did you read it?

message 10: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments March 1988 I bought it in the airport.

message 11: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1197 comments The Woods Out Back starts out with a leprechaun and a guy transported to a fantasy world. But according to GR it was first published in 1993, though google also says '82 I can't find any corroboration for that.

You might check the Look Inside feature on Amazon and see if the beginning chapters ring a bell anyway just in case.

message 12: by Joe (new)

Joe Cairney | 6 comments I don’t know how you did it based on the poor description I gave, but you did. This is it! I can’t thank you enough! Awesome’

message 13: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1197 comments Joe wrote: "I don’t know how you did it based on the poor description I gave, but you did. This is it! I can’t thank you enough! Awesome’"

You're very welcome! I'm glad it was the right book! I read that trilogy several times as a teen, I guess enough of it stuck with me to be helpful now. :)