Silas Bronson Library Book Group discussion

The Woman of Mystery
This topic is about The Woman of Mystery
Welcome! What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Reference Librarian (new)

Dana Lucisano (danall2) | 51 comments Mod
I’m happy that our group is growing. As a way of breaking the ice, perhaps we could all say something about whatever we are reading now. I happened to be on the Project Guttenberg website recently when a certain title caught my eye. I hadn’t read anything by Maurice Leblanc before but decided to give this free ebook a try. Two weeks later, I am thoroughly engrossed in it. The story is set during World War I, and actual skirmishes are described with military precision. The action takes place on the French side of the frontier, and the main character is fighting with French forces. Readers interested in the plight of civilians living in war zones should find this a very rewarding read.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 2 comments I'm sorry, I'm a little behind interacting with these posts so I am trying to play catch up on at least a few. The last 5 books I read were:
It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas
Mercy by Julie Garwood
That Summer Place by Debbie Macomber, Susan Wiggs, and Jill Barnett

message 3: by Dana, Reference Librarian (new)

Thank you, Vanessa. Can you tell us more about what you look for in a good novel? Seems like you lean toward women's fiction. Is that a close guess?

message 4: by Dana, Reference Librarian (new)

Now that daylight hours are shorter and we are sad to see summer passing by, we want--no, need--that reading fix. So tell us who you turn to for that blessed escapism at the end of a busy day. I just started Book 1 of this mystery series by Alexander McCall-Smith, and, I must say that it is living up to its reputation as a great cozy mystery series. McCall-Smith just might become one of my new favorite mystery authors, along with Jessica Fletcher and Charles Todd.
The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency
Jessica Fletcher
Charles Todd