Skokie Public Library discussion

General Book Club Information > Book Club Member Introductions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Breyne | 450 comments Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself! Tell us what you're reading or like to read, and any other fun facts you'd like to share.

message 2: by Allyson (new)

Allyson | 155 comments Hi everyone! My name is Allyson (she/her/hers) and I'm reading Quan Barry's "We Ride Upon Sticks" along with "To Eat and To Drink." My birthday is at the end of May and I have asked for a garlic mill.

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana La Cazadora (strawberrykiss) | 178 comments Hey! I'm Diana and I'm reading "The Girls of Atomic City" as well as"To Eat and to Drink", and I'm looking forward to this virtual book club. It's great to have some connection to the outside world through books. I love food, and my M.A. project was on identity creation in travel shows =).

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe Wachter | 49 comments Hi! I'm Joe and I'm an interloper here from Ela Area Public Library. I just finished Nothing To See Here on Becca's recommendation, which I loved, and I'm currently reading The Glass Hotel as well as To Eat And To Drink and am looking forward to this discussion, if you'll still have me after I've blown my cover. I like to cook and eat and I was once in a cooking contest run by the Daily Herald, which was fun but also taught me that I am maybe not emotionally great at competition.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Breyne | 450 comments Hi! I'm Tiffany, a Skokie Library staff member and one of the moderators for this group! I'm currently reading To Drink and to Eat and Mistborn (it's taking me awhile because it's hard for me to focus, but I love it), and listening to All Adults Here (a new book about the lifecycle and growing pains of one family).

Allyson - that is so funny about the garlic mill. I want one now too!

Diana - your M.A. project sounds so cool! Do you have a favorite travel show?

Joe - appreciate your interloping honesty, haha. And hope you've managed to fully recover from that cooking contest!

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace Hi i'm Grace, I like reading anything fantasy or sci-fi but i'm generally down to read anything. I glad to meet new book lovers even if it online till things get better :) Right now i'm reading red queen and its just ok.

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Breyne | 450 comments Grace wrote: "Hi i'm Grace, I like reading anything fantasy or sci-fi but i'm generally down to read anything. I glad to meet new book lovers even if it online till things get better :) Right now i'm reading red..."

Hi Grace! We're so glad you're here! We're announcing next month's book next week. It's had decent reviews, and we're excited to read it, so hopefully you'll be able to join us!