Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

The City
This topic is about The City
Review Requests > Looking for honest reviews for dystopian Sci-fi The City

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halim (new)

Halim Abbas Dystopian/Sci-fi fans,

How about a free digital copy of my new novel The City in exchange for an honest review?
If interested, please email me at authorofthecity@gmail.com

The City is an intellectual novel packed with geopolitical, socio-economic, and generational themes. Meant as a dire warning against the perilous potential of unchecked technological advancement, this dystopian sci-fi is set in a distant future where an unlikely power had used the advent of teleportation to seize control and turn the world on its head, giving rise to the City. The rest of the human race had been reduced to a slave-farm which exists for the sole purpose of performing forced labour to the benefit the City’s inhabitants.

Born into a life of unimaginable luxuries and established entitlement in the City, Adonis is burdened with guilt and empathy towards the masses toiling in deliberate isolation. Confused and ill-informed amidst a society that had adapted to complete censorship of the past, he just can’t silence the voice in his head telling him that the world isn’t as it ought to be.

Cutting deep into the paradoxical nature of the father-son relationship, Halim takes the reader on three interwoven journeys in time: A recent history of Adonis’s father, whose apparent suicide left Adonis with a puzzle to piece together; a distant history of the Event (the Apocalypse induced by the invention of teleportation); and the current life of Adonis, conflicted between fitting in and following his inner voice of rebellion.

As successive layers of the mystery are peeled, the story becomes more gripping, and the three different timelines alternate more smoothly and seamlessly until they reach a singular point of climax.

I'm excited to put this new release into the hands of avid readers asap!

Cheers,
Halim

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Crawford | 2 comments your book sounds amazing! i'd love to say i'd review it for you, but I couldn't say that with an honest conscience! I LOVE to read, and I don't mind reviewing, but I never seem to get around to the writing of the review! so I'll just say that I'll be checking this one out when it becomes available for purchase! good luck!

message 3: by Halim (new)

Halim Abbas Heather wrote: "your book sounds amazing! i'd love to say i'd review it for you, but I couldn't say that with an honest conscience! I LOVE to read, and I don't mind reviewing, but I never seem to get around to the..."
Thanks Heather. It's available for purchase right now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/City-Halim-Abb...