The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Author's Corner > Southern Cross Crime

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Craig (last edited May 13, 2020 07:53AM) (new)

Craig Sisterson (kiwicraig) | 59 comments Kia ora everyone,

I hope you're all doing alright during these strange and uncertain times. I'm a Kiwi living in London, a lifelong fan of crime fiction who's read thousands of novels over the years, and more recently has been a reviewer, features writer, and festival chair blessed to interview authors and chat about crime fiction both in newspapers and magazines and onstage at various festivals.

Recently I published my own first book - I guess I've made the leap from reader to writer (newspapers/magazines) to author.

Southern Cross Crime is a readers' guide to the crime fiction, film & TV of Australia and New Zealand, It's part of an ongoing series from a London publisher, and I'm very grateful that I got to highlight more than 300 authors, TV shows and films from my own part of the world to readers all over the world. We have some outstanding authors, and I really hope people will give my book a go, then add lots of Aussie and Kiwi crime, mystery, and thriller writers to their TBR shelves.

I'm happy to answer any questions any of you may have about Southern Cross Crime, or Australian and New Zealand crime writing in general. So many interesting things to discuss.

message 2: by David (new)

David Ai (david_ai) | 3 comments And your Crime Watch blog is a good resource too. I wonder though - are you intending to release it as an ebook?

message 3: by Craig (last edited May 15, 2020 12:12AM) (new)

Craig Sisterson (kiwicraig) | 59 comments Thanks David - actually Southern Cross Crime Southern Cross Crime by Craig Sisterson is already out as an ebook and audiobook now, as of 23 April. The paperback has actually been pushed back to late Sept/early October due to the pandemic (it was at the printers when lockdown kicked in).

Edit: Thanks again David - I went to the Southern Cross Crime page on Good Reads and saw that the ebook and audiobook versions weren't listed yet, so we've got that fixed now. Appreciate the comment - hope you enjoy the read or listen if you give it a go, and thanks for the nice words about Crime Watch.

message 4: by David (new)

David Ai (david_ai) | 3 comments It's funny though - just last night in a bar over drinks (Hong Kong is pretty normal) Mystery Road came up in conversation as a recommended movie and TV show - so a bit of synchronicity there.